CISM APPLICATION- Task Verification for Certification

Nawaz23Nawaz23 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I have passed my CISM exam last week and would like to know one thing before submitting application for the CISM Certification. There are total four domains in the experience domain page. Under each domain, there are several tasks.

I want to know that is it necessary/mandatory that all tasks should be selected under each domain or ONLY the tasks selected which are relevant to your experience.

Is there any standard that tells " the minimum number of tasks are require to select in order to qualify for the Certification.

Please advise.

Thanks

Nawaz Ahmed Khan, PMP,ITIL,COBIT

Comments

• mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you just tick the ones that are relavent to your experience. I ticked every box on all domains as they all relate to my work experience.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Nawaz23Nawaz23 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know what is response time, ISACA would take to complete the Certification Process.
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nawaz23 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know what is response time, ISACA would take to complete the Certification Process.

Less than 3 weeks in my experience.
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    3 weeks to the day for me. However, that included the Christmas holidays too.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • nevermorenevermore Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It was three weeks for me so that seems to be around the norm.
    Obtained:
    • CISSP/ISSAP/ISSMP, CISM, GISP, CEH
    • M.S. Information Security and Assurance Norwich University
    • B.S. Cybersecurity UMUC
    In Queue: PMP, CCSP, CRISC

• za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What about verification, I got confused by the form. Do I need two people to verify my experience or one is enough (he can verify 6 years of my information security experience). I have sent ISACA an Email a couple of days ago but there is no answer.
  • scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    What about verification, I got confused by the form. Do I need two people to verify my experience or one is enough (he can verify 6 years of my information security experience). I have sent ISACA an Email a couple of days ago but there is no answer.

I only used one Verifier for my CRISC and it took exactly 6 days and two more days for my Your-acclaim Badge to enter my email.
    scankloud wrote: »
    I only used one Verifier for my CRISC and it took exactly 6 days and two more days for my Your-acclaim Badge to enter my email.

Thank you that's comforting. I still didn't hear back from them, what a shame I mean they charge you all that money to take the exam and to maintain the certificate but then they fail to do a simple thing as in customer service.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd suggest calling them, they are behind reviewing applications.

I passed the exam mid-December and submitted the paperwork a few days after getting the official results. I hadn't seen any update on the status after two weeks, not even received, in the portal so I called and they reviewed the paperwork completeness and forwarded for certification review.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
    I'd suggest calling them, they are behind reviewing applications.

I passed the exam mid-December and submitted the paperwork a few days after getting the official results. I hadn't seen any update on the status after two weeks, not even received, in the portal so I called and they reviewed the paperwork completeness and forwarded for certification review.

Thanks, I think I should do that. I did submit the papers though a couple of days ago.
  • ashief777ashief777 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all,

Do you have CISM books PDF? If you have, could you be kind enough to share with me?

Regards,
    Ashief
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took 22 days from submission to certification, received the congratulatory email this afternoon. Officially CISM
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
    Took 22 days from submission to certification, received the congratulatory email this afternoon. Officially CISM

Congratulations.

they have finally answered me that it's ok to have one verifier, only problem is that is too late