Is Darryl Gibson's book that better?

marky macmarky mac Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I've been studying for Security+ 401 for months and the textbooks I bought are Comptia Secucirty+ Study Guide by Emmett Dulaney and Chuck Eastyom and Karen Francisco's Exam Cram. When I took the practice Exams at the end of these books, I could answer like 90% of the questions correct, so I thought I was probably ready to take the real thing. Then I took a look at some **** and the real exam felt way, way, more difficult icon_rolleyes.gif. I have to admit if I take the exam today, I'd score like less than 70% probably. Can anyone recommend what I should do now?? Should I buy Gibson's book and go over everything again, because everyone seems to love it. And what else would be good to become ready and pass the first time? Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• cholland89cholland89 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gibson's book along with his premium web content (for the simulations) and the mobile app for test questions, is everything needed to pass the exam. The simulations are especially valuable.
  • RoyaltyRoyalty Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    These are the training materials I used for my exam (401);

Keith Barker's CBT Nuggets course
    Professor Messer's video course (twice)
    Darril Gibson's SY0-401 book
    Measure-Up SY0-401 practice tests

Out of all of the training materials I used, I'd rank Darril Gibson's book to be the absolute best, followed by CBT Nuggets. His book has ridiculously more content and quality in - you can see he's put the time in. Having said that I did believe going over Professor Messer's videos and Darril's book twice was worth my time.

Most people have said that he actually goes over a lot of the stuff in more depth, whilst also covering topics that aren't even on the exam objectives but can be seen on the actual exam, for example the CompTIA acronyms list.

I watched both of the courses mentioned above and wasn't going to bother with the book, however when I bought it I was grateful I did.

For £25.00 or $30.00 you can't go wrong!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Avoid brain **** at all costs. Using them is highly unethical.
  • marky macmarky mac Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks much for your advice! I'll study with Darril Gibson's book and other materials mentioned. :)
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I had the Exam Cram book when I took my test. It was ok, but I didn't feel confident to pass the exam. I bought Gibson's book. It was very easy to read and was very thorough. It had everything you needed to know on the test and wasn't hard to read at all. I recommend his book highly because it was the one resource that gave me all the information needed. Usually, I'm of the "Use multiple resources to pass the exam; everything isn't going to be in one book or video". While I used multiple sources for it, Gibson's book did have everything in it. This was the older, 201 exam though.