Any one attempting the exam on February??

za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm booking my exam for February 7, 2018. I started studying last month after I cleared my CISM exam.

I'm using a couple of books in addition to an online course from Udemy.

We can share tips here if anyone is also doing the exam this month or next month

Good luck for all

Comments

• mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm looking to take the exam before March, still waiting on my audit results. Good luck
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mzx380 wrote: »
    I'm looking to take the exam before March, still waiting on my audit results. Good luck

Thank you, Yea everyone I know who is certified including an instruction said it's better to take the exam before March.
  • josephbutlerjosephbutler Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    February 2nd for me.
    Got my audit straightened out, I just registered for the exam on February 24th
    I've already read the PMBOK and have read RMC x 2
    Need to start practicing to gauge how ready I am

If anyone has any tips, please share
    Thanks
  • NerdJockNerdJock Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm registered for the PMP on March 24th. I worked through the PMBOK last semester and now I'm intensely focused on the exam, so I'm reading the RMC book now and supplementing it with the Joseph Phillips Udemy course. I'm currently covering two chapters a week, vocab, and a few PM Math books, but intend to start looking for exam simulators at the end of February to zero in on weaknesses.
  • TuningislifeTuningislife Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to take it before the change over to the PMBOK 6th edition. So I was looking to take it in the first half of March, after I take my CEH & CISSP.

I haven't looked at it deeply, but do I need complete the audit first before I can take the exam, or can I take the exam, then submit the experience information?
    Completed: B.S. & M.S. in Cybersecurity, and MBA @ UMUC
    I would like to take it before the change over to the PMBOK 6th edition. So I was looking to take it in the first half of March, after I take my CEH & CISSP.

I haven't looked at it deeply, but do I need complete the audit first before I can take the exam, or can I take the exam, then submit the experience information?

You need to clear the audit before you're permitted to register. Your audit clearance letter will contain a code that will allow you to schedule your exam.

Also, if you want to take it in March, you need to study ASAP as there is a lot of material to cover in this exam
  • TuningislifeTuningislife Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply.

I signed up with PMI yesterday and am in the process of collecting the information about projects I have helped lead and execute.

My class last semester used the PMBOK so I am familiar with some of the information. I am currently finishing up my MBA, but this semester is all about markets and marketing, so not a whole lot of useful for this purpose knowledge in that class.

I have my CEH scheduled for 02/02 and I am going to schedule my CISSP for like Feb 17 (I know most of the information, have just been resisting taking the exam). So I should be able to buckle down and get er done.
    Completed: B.S. & M.S. in Cybersecurity, and MBA @ UMUC
    za3bour wrote: »
    I'm booking my exam for February 7, 2018. I started studying last month after I cleared my CISM exam.

I'm using a couple of books in addition to an online course from Udemy.

We can share tips here if anyone is also doing the exam this month or next month

Good luck for all

Good Luck tomorrow man, I'm pulling for you. Please let me know how this goes!