Failed with a 470

johndabomb44johndabomb44 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Definitely one of the harder CompTIA tests. First time doing this one. I am a little bit disappointed with some of my prep materials as a few questions I swear we're not even remotely anything I've seen on Linux Academy or in my PearsonVUE study book. Also, those fill in the blanks take up a huuuuuuuuge portion of the test.

The problem is it doesn't specify GRUB Legacy or GRUB2 so how the hell am I supposed to know what it wants?

Plan on retaking hopefully later this week. I barely failed and I took down notes when I got out of the test to brush up on.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Word to poster:

Do not disclose actual test questions here! You technically are breaking the NDA by posting this!
  • ReonBalistyReonBalisty Member Posts: 54 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Definitely one of the harder CompTIA tests. First time doing this one.
    The problem is it doesn't specify GRUB Legacy or GRUB2 so how the hell am I supposed to know what it wants?

I just took mine last week and failed with a 480, So I know your pain. For the most part, from what I saw, it is nothing like the A+, Net+, or Sec+. And rightfully so, My mentors from WGU warned me this would be a rough one. Now that we know what it looks like as a whole, we can plan accordingly. I myself only had a few fill in the blanks, and they were simple. Linux Academy was helpful up until a certain point (I believe like domain 2). And the reading material provided by WGU was fairly full of useless information. I have skimmed the domains again, took a look at the CBT nuggets videos and am ready to take my next attempt next week, just brushing up on some testing styles of the LPIC-1/Linux+ 103.

I see you have many certs, just like those, keep at it. Many people I hear fail this one often.
  • johndabomb44johndabomb44 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I'm retaking it this Thursday morning coming up. It boils down to preparation but I also didn't respect the test either.

"Oh, only need like a 63% or so to pass, this will be easy!"; I said as $180 of my own money went to nothing.

Good luck to you too as well!
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How did you get on with the retake?
  • johndabomb44johndabomb44 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed with flying colors on the retake: I did a ton of Linux Academy labs and luckily I was only asked one fill-in-the-blank question (as opposed to 10+ my first take).

Working on my LX0-104 test now.