Took my test.......

tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
...yesterday, and passed. I actually took it back in 2010 and passed as well.

What I can tell you, is that A) it only had 72 questions this time,(90 last time) and it was a TON harder than it was back then. A pass is a pass. I will take it and be sure to do my CE this time.

Comments

• lmoore19lmoore19 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What did you use to study
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats...how was it a lot harder?
  • MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    What did you use to prepare for the exam?
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    The main source I used was the Darrel Gibson book. A friend of mine had given me some test questions from a **** site, but I freaking hated it because at least 20% of the questions were just plain incorrect. They did help in regards to giving similar questions as to what is on the exam, but still nowhere as difficult.

The main difference between this version, and the 2010 version I had taken before, was the difficulty of the questions seemed a LOT more difficult. In 2010 when I took the exam, I finished it in about 35 or 40 minutes, and had a mid 800 score. This time, the questions were fewer in numbers, and they seemed to be trying to trick you with EVERY SINGLE ANSWER. I honestly found the simulations to be the easiest part. I also needed almost the entire time this time to complete the exam. I literally had just over 5 minutes left on my timer, when I answered the final question, and could go back through and review my marked questions, which just so happened to be about 20 questions. I would also swear that there was some content in that exam, that was not covered by the book, although a very small amount.

I think having a better set of practice questions would have helped me a bunch. I did not use any bonus material from Darrel Gibson, just the book itself.
  • si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The main source I used was the Darrel Gibson book. A friend of mine had given me some test questions from a **** site, but I freaking hated it because at least 20% of the questions were just plain incorrect. They did help in regards to giving similar questions as to what is on the exam, but still nowhere as difficult.

The main difference between this version, and the 2010 version I had taken before, was the difficulty of the questions seemed a LOT more difficult. In 2010 when I took the exam, I finished it in about 35 or 40 minutes, and had a mid 800 score. This time, the questions were fewer in numbers, and they seemed to be trying to trick you with EVERY SINGLE ANSWER. I honestly found the simulations to be the easiest part. I also needed almost the entire time this time to complete the exam. I literally had just over 5 minutes left on my timer, when I answered the final question, and could go back through and review my marked questions, which just so happened to be about 20 questions. I would also swear that there was some content in that exam, that was not covered by the book, although a very small amount.

I think having a better set of practice questions would have helped me a bunch. I did not use any bonus material from Darrel Gibson, just the book itself.

The **** sites / questions aren't very well received around the forums because it basically allows anyone with no clue whatsoever to memorize questions and literally "****" them in an exam. This is the problem with the Sec+, because it's possible to **** the exam, I am not sure how well the Sec+ will be received (the 401 I mean, maybe not the 501)