Get certified 4 less totally just disrespected me!!!

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
So I purchase an exam voucher through getcertifed4less and it does have an expiration date, Unfortunately I didn't feel ready and called to have it extended and which they did.. I just had a baby and was still stuck on some areas so called just to inquire if they could extend it again( wasn't expecting them too) some guy answers and sounds like he has a bad connection.. I say hello, he then says hello.. then awkward pause... I asked if I could extend a voucher and he said why. I said that I just had a baby and I don't feel 100% yet and he replies with so the baby just drops out and you can't take a test!! I was sooooo taken back by his response, that I said what's your attitude.. never responded.. he asked for my name, email, and then said I dunno we can't just keep extending them, i'm gonna have to call Microsoft and see and then I'll email you and let you know... I can't believe how god damn rude and disrespectful he was! Never using them again for a voucher!

Comments

• doubleodoubleo Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Couldn't you just have scheduled your exam using the voucher and then used the reschedule option at VUE indefinitely?
    Never used those third party vouchers myself so I might be totally wrong though.
    2018 goals: CCNA
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    doubleo wrote: »
    Couldn't you just have scheduled your exam using the voucher and then used the reschedule option at VUE indefinitely?
    Never used those third party vouchers myself so I might be totally wrong though.

hmmm... Good question.. I should have checked vue's site first before calling this Turd lol.. The voucher was a good savings compared to directly from Microsoft so that's why I went with them.. The pricing has really increased since I got into the field 13 years ago!
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FWIW, it's none of their business what goes on in your personal life - you could have just said "personal reasons" or something vague that interfered with your plans and then expanded on that if they are really curious. Talking about your family situation opens you up to a multitude of questions & attitudes. Sounds like he was questioning the planning aspect, which is natural (it sounds like you were expecting them to possibly have a problem.)
    That said, I never expect 100% quality customer service from these types of small businesses who operate exclusively online.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've had to reschedule twice now for my 70-741 exam (once because the centre I chose closed, once because my subscription video training is coming to end and I wanted to time it with the exam). Both times it was easy and painless through the MCP portal which then forwards me to Pearson VUE's. No people to talk to, just pick a new date and go.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, damn. I have had really great customer service when using them so this really disappoints me. Keep us informed as to the outcome of your request.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Well, damn. I have had really great customer service when using them so this really disappoints me. Keep us informed as to the outcome of your request.

Yeah I was totally thrown off by his reaction, like I paid you, why are you questioning why I need to reschedule.. In the end they extended it for 6 month's which was much longer than I needed, but a simple yes or no would have sufficed.
    Phalanx wrote: »
    I've had to reschedule twice now for my 70-741 exam (once because the centre I chose closed, once because my subscription video training is coming to end and I wanted to time it with the exam). Both times it was easy and painless through the MCP portal which then forwards me to Pearson VUE's. No people to talk to, just pick a new date and go.

I def should have just scheduled then went thought Vue to to reschedule, lesson learned lol.. I hate dealing with people sometimes lol
    mbarrett wrote: »
    FWIW, it's none of their business what goes on in your personal life - you could have just said "personal reasons" or something vague that interfered with your plans and then expanded on that if they are really curious. Talking about your family situation opens you up to a multitude of questions & attitudes. Sounds like he was questioning the planning aspect, which is natural (it sounds like you were expecting them to possibly have a problem.)
    That said, I never expect 100% quality customer service from these types of small businesses who operate exclusively online.

I was soo thrown off and it sounded like this guy was at home, not even a Hi.. I have def learned my lesson.. I went to them because their voucher was cheap, but to have to deal with someone like that it isn't worth the savings.. I'll just have to go through the mcp site next time. He did extend my voucher for six more months though..