Passed LX0-104, recieved Linux+

dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
Definitely was a harder test than LX0-103, maybe because I didnt study as good as the 1st time, but it definitely was an eye opener to what I didnt study, felt I got half the answers right, but it still felt like I might fail the exam

ALOT more fill in the blanks than the 1st part too, probably 10-15

Was so hype when I saw I got a 520, wouldve hated to have to restudy that **** again smh

Im onto Windows 7, ITIL, and Server now

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'm guessing the difficulty depends on your background. I found LX0-104 to be very easy, but took 3 tries to pass LX0-103. Are you planning on the LPIC-2 some time? It looks fun.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

Be sure to spend some time regularly working on the Linux cli so that you continue to retain some of this foundational knowledge.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A pass is a pass. Did you sign up to get the LPIC-1 credential as well?
  • wrickazwrickaz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Do you go on such courses on your own or sent by your employer?
  • twolefteyestwolefteyes Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! the little insight will prepare me for the fill in the blanks.
    Certifications:
    [x]A+
    [x]Net+
    [x]Sec+
    [x]Linux+
    [x]CCNP R/S
    [?] Whats next?
  • sophia_cartsophia_cart Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited January 2020
    Congratulations!

The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.