My Journey to CIISP

th.kalyvasth.kalyvas Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the exams on the 14th of December and this is my journey

Study period: 3 months
Material : Sybex 7th Edition and Conrad's 11th Hour
Simulation Tests: Boson Engine and Sybex Test Bank

I had been studying for 2 hours every night during the 3-months period. I studied both books till the last page and then started the simulations. At the beginning my score was in the 60's but soon I got improved and felt comfortable when I was achieving steady 90s.

I took the Exam on the 14th of December. It took me 3 hours to finish the first pass (with a 10' break) and then I reviewed the flagged questions (17 in number). Total time 3 hours and 30 minutes. I was really anxious when I hit the end button but this anxiety disappeared when I took the letter. "Congratulations..."

I was referenced by an active CISSP on the 18th of December and my journey ended on the 18th of January when I received the final confirmation.

I want to thank you guys as I was silently following you in the Forum and I wish best of luck to those that are currently studying for the exams!

Comments

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

I intend to use the same material (except for the Boson Engine as I had my employer buy the Shon Harris AIO set) and looking at sitting for the exam by March 2018 (this is a moving target though icon_lol.gif).
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! It's nice to hear that you passed and you're using the exact same resources I am.
    My Aims
    2017: OSCP -
    COMPLETED
    2018: CISSP -
    COMPLETED
    2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
    COMPLETED
               GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
    COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
    2022: OSWE (hopefully)
  • Jianwa@ymail.comJianwa@ymail.com Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! I'm on the same study track, except for the Boson engine - how would you rate them? A must have?

Thanks
  • useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jianwa - CyberCop123 here has a post that can answer your inquiry - http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/130848-bit-frustrated-boson.html
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]