Failed with a 480

ReonBalistyReonBalisty Member Posts: 54 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not going to lie, this exam was insane. So many questions where the answers were more close than you realize. Possibly lost points do to some of the multiple answers do not grade for partial. But alas, attempting it again in two weeks.
480/500
Linux Plus 103
WGU - Student
Materials Used:
uCertify reading material and testing materials/labs/cards
TestOut - LabSim
Skillsoft
Some Linux Academy
WGU webinars regarding the domains
(sadly I wish Darrell Gibson Made a Linux + app, he got me through A+, Net+, & Sec+)

Comments

• joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a tough one, the only cert exam I've had to take 3 times. Try not to zone out from the reattempt checklist, and supplement it by trying all the commands from the exam topics a few times. They are listed on CompTIA's site, or here. Exam 101 Objectives | Linux Professional Institute
  • ReonBalistyReonBalisty Member Posts: 54 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's a tough one, the only cert exam I've had to take 3 times. Try not to zone out from the reattempt checklist, and supplement it by trying all the commands from the exam topics a few times. They are listed on CompTIA's site, or here. Exam 101 Objectives | Linux Professional Institute

I have built two VM for linux for this course. I am going to delete my Ubuntu and just do a pure Debian with CLI and no GUI. And just run commands all the time from the exam objectives. I'm certain I have many of the subjects close to mastery. I am going to take the 14 areas they state I "missed" and work from there whilst also working from the exam objectives.

As a side note: I only had 2 fill in the blanks. Which were a cakewalk.
    Yeah, stay away from Ubuntu during the test. Try to practice on Debian with a bit of CentOS.
  • ReonBalistyReonBalisty Member Posts: 54 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UPDATE: Yesterday I passed the 103 with 540, so onto the 104 and hopefully will have the Linux+/LPIC-1 certs in hand before the end of FEB 2018. Following those, Onto CCENT.
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    ReonBalisty,

Congrats.

-Nutsy
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good work. Success is all in the preparation.