How much credit for CompTIA?

timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have completed A+, Network+, iNet+, and Security+. I plan to be completed Server+ in a week. I understand that some of the Microsoft certs recognize some combinations of the CompTIA certs for partial credit towards electives. Could someone please inform me as to which CompTIA certs can be used for these partial credits, and for which Microsoft certs these apply?

Once I have finished the Server+ I figure the only way left to go is to switch to doing Microsoft certs.

Comments

• volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    timharpur wrote:
    I have completed A+, Network+, iNet+, and Security+. I plan to be completed Server+ in a week. I understand that some of the Microsoft certs recognize some combinations of the CompTIA certs for partial credit towards electives. Could someone please inform me as to which CompTIA certs can be used for these partial credits, and for which Microsoft certs these apply?

Once I have finished the Server+ I figure the only way left to go is to switch to doing Microsoft certs.

The Security+ I believe can completely replace the ISA Server exam if you're doing the security specialization track of the MCSE, or plan to use that as an elective I guess.

I can't fully remember offhand.
    Joseph Dyer
    Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
    MCP, Windows XP Professional
    MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sec+ counts as an elective to MCSA/MCSE.

A+/Net+ or A+/Server+ combo will count as an elective to MCSA, but not MCSE.

If you look around on Comptia.org or microsoft.com/traincert, you can find more information.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks... I will check further on this at microsoft.com/traincert. :)