Options

Using old revision guides

gemgem1993gemgem1993 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am studying for the 901 and taking the exam very soon, my question is i have been given some 801 exam guide and exam practice questions and also brought some as they are cheaper compared to the latest books would these be okay to use to help me to prepare foe the exam as well as a 901 book and online resources i have got as well

Comments

• Options
    davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gemgem1993 wrote: »
    I am studying for the 901 and taking the exam very soon, my question is i have been given some 801 exam guide and exam practice questions and also brought some as they are cheaper compared to the latest books would these be okay to use to help me to prepare foe the exam as well as a 901 book and online resources i have got as well

There is a lot of overlap between two tests that are just one version apart. It can't hurt to use an 801 resource, as that will reinforce a lot of the stuff that will be tested on 901. HOWEVER, each new test adds a certain amount of new material. It is the new material that you need to know to pass the current test, or to push you past the point of almost passed to PASSED.

Best advice I could give you would be to get the Darril Gibson Android APP with practice tests for 901. Use that to see what domains you are weak on. Study those domains better. You don't necessarily need to spend money on study material. Professor Messer has free videos on youtube. I wouldn't rely on him alone, but others have done so with success...

If you use (what you have already), add (Darril Gibson Android APP practice tests) and Professor Messer videos (free on youtube)...

You then have MORE than enough study material / resources to help you pass the test. The rest, is in how you use those resource. Good luck....
  • Options
    bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I suggest you use Mike Meyeres 9th Edition materials on Udemy or his all in one book.
    Certs: CompTIA A+, MTA: Server Admin, CCST - Networking & Azure Fundamentals.