Options

Suggestions needed

BUGFREEBUGFREE Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been studying the material for the Sec+ exam on and off since November and I feel pretty good about things, but I haven't done a lot of practice tests. For the A+ I used Cert Blaster and loved it for simulation practice and for the questions I like Comptia's CertMaster. I want something that tracks which area I need to study, not just random sec questions. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Utilize Darril Gibson's online resources and book. An worthwhile investment.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Thanks. I am already doing that.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    That alone will help you. I aced the exam the second time I took it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder, I already have it but now I am using it. :) There are definitely some areas that I am having problems with. I have been studying for a while now, but I have a feeling I will spend 80% of the remaining time I have focusing on 20% of the material. For some reason I am feeling more stressed about the exam than other certs. I bought the comptia re-take bundle to ease my stress. If I know I have a re-take I am much more likely to take it early, especially since the 401 expires soon. I am hoping to take it in a couple of weeks and then do it again before the end of feb if I need to take it a second time.
  • Options
    davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BUGFREE wrote: »
    I have been studying the material for the Sec+ exam on and off since November and I feel pretty good about things, but I haven't done a lot of practice tests. For the A+ I used Cert Blaster and loved it for simulation practice and for the questions I like Comptia's CertMaster. I want something that tracks which area I need to study, not just random sec questions. Any suggestions?

I think the darril gibson android app is for you. 8 bucks off of the play store. You can take a full test if you like, or just test the individual domains. THAT will tell you which domains to review.