Options

TSHOOT Passed! CCNP Certified!

HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed TSHOOT with a perfect score after a week and a half of getting familiar with the topology by building/rebuilding it in my lab, and working with the Boson Pre-Test. Reading the references on the Multiple Choice and Drag&Drop portions of Boson are directly responsible for my perfect score. The tickets themselves were fairly basic and straightforward if you've ever worked in an enterprise network. However, the trivia questions were at a level of detail that I wouldn't have been familiar with if not for Boson's pre-test explanations and additional references. I've used Boson as the final prep for all three exams over the last 6-7 months. Today, I finally realized the benefit of purchasing them are not the questions themselves, but the explanations that go along with the answers.
CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|

Comments

• Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, well done. Good to hear Boson is a good resource for understanding some of these stuff in a good way.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Well earned!

EDIT: Does traceroute work???? Heard it doesn't but things might have changed.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To be honest, I never tried. I used the same methodology for every IPv4 ticket:

- Do I have an IP address?
    no, start at the client's switchport and work up.
    yes, then start at the inside of R1 and work backwards via pings from the client to see where they start working.

I've pinged the inside of R1 so many times this week working with my own lab and the Boson pre-test that it was 2nd nature when I got into the exam.

For the IPv6 stuff, the topology is even simpler but the same approach still works.
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats. I'm a boson examsim believer.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree