Options

Which Video Series Do YOU Recommend??!!

Double00KevinDouble00Kevin Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm currently researching different video series as an intro to start my studies on the CISSP exam I've got access to various video series but would like to narrow it down to one. As a WGU graduate and my current job duties, I have access to some descent "study" sites that offer training in this field.

So here's the list in no particular order: So with all that being said, I was hoping that anyone would chime in on their "favorite" videos on the list (and why) that you guys utilized.
Also, If it's not on the list, please feel free to chime in on what videos you did use, if any!!

Thanks again for all the help.

Comments

• Options
    fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's been a couple of years since I saw the videos. I saw Pluralsight, Cybrary, CBTNuggets and ITPro. Mind you it was before the 2015 update.
    When I saw the videos I liked the Pluralsight ones best, they were more to the point. The ITPro guys sometimes make jokes or make mistakes because they are live. The CBT Nuggets were also good. I currently pay the yearly subscription to ITPRO.TV . The best parts are the trascender exams and the labs.

All in all what I did was study the book , do the exams and then listen to the videos while driving. The mistakes I made on the exams became clearer with the audio and I don't really needed to watch the phone because I've already studied.

Good luck,
  • Options
    ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I only used the first three...

Pluralsight - It's decent
    Lynda - Waste of time
    Cybrary - Excellent
  • Options
    deadjoedeadjoe Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    David Miller - very in-depth and somewhat repetitive (a good thing IMO).
    Cybrary - twice. Before Miller as a primer and before the exam as a refresher. She skips over the fluff and explains the key concepts very well. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I loved Kelly Handerhan's video series on Cybrary. What I really liked was the ability to download the MP3 for me to listen to driving and while at work. I haven't found a way to do that with FedVTE.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cybrary are the best, not for the depth of the knowledge, but by learning the right mindset to acquire. If you dont get the right manager mindset with the straight forward speaking of Kelly Hander, you won't succeed.

Otherwise, video for me, is a second level source. Reading come first, then hearing second.
  • Options
    Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kelly Handerhan/Cybrary videos are probably the best. She makes it interesting, light and, as Steve said, gets you in the CISSP mindset. Throw in the fact that you can download the videos and they are free [many here have contributed to Cybrary after passing the exam] makes it the best choice IMO.

I have tried all the resources you have listed except for Pluralsight. I think you can't go wrong with Kelly's series personally.

Good luck with whatever you decide
  • Options
    AVKAVK Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I watched Sari Greene videos and these are like virtual bootcamp
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AVK wrote: »
    I watched Sari Greene videos and these are like virtual bootcamp

She is good too... I didnt watch it all, only certain domain as I am more into reading that watching video.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cybrary since its free and one of the defacto/standards in CISSP CBT training.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Falcon56 wrote: »
    Kelly Handerhan/Cybrary videos are probably the best. She makes it interesting, light and, as Steve said, gets you in the CISSP mindset. Throw in the fact that you can download the videos and they are free [many here have contributed to Cybrary after passing the exam] makes it the best choice IMO.

Definitely agree on this! bowing.gif I've also watched a few videos on CBT Nuggets by Keith Barker (Thanks to my employer's subscription), but I like Kelly's CISSP videos better.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]