CSA or CASP or BOTH then CEH

elbennettelbennett Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I am in a bit of an awkward spot. I have the securitiy plus, and I am ready to continue my journey to CEH, but I am unsure which to tackle first before the CEH. Should I go CASP or the new CSA? Whats your opinion on it.
2018| CEH | CYSA
2019-PROJECT + | VMWARE CERT

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They cover different things so it would really depend on what you're interested in doing and what would benefit you the most currently.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    With the pentest+ coming out, I would drop the CEH altogether and just do the pentest+ instead. It will literally be HALF the price of the CEH and you also wont have to subject yourself to torture by dealing with the EC-Council. The CSA+ fills all of the same requirements that the CEH does for 8570 and I'm hopeful that the pentest+ will be the final blow to finally take the CEH out for good.

As for doing the CASP, NetworkNewb is spot on. They both cover very different things. Yes, some of the CSA is applicable to the CASP but the CASP is a lot broader and covers a lot more aspects of security as a whole.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Go to indeed.com or Linkedin and search these certifications in the job descriptions. A lot of people diss the CEH but a lot of companies ask for it (Indeed: 2500 jobs list the CEH). So you need to think about if you're wanting to just learn the information or do you want to be noticed by HR.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Go to indeed.com or Linkedin and search these certifications in the job descriptions. A lot of people diss the CEH but a lot of companies ask for it (Indeed: 2500 jobs list the CEH). So you need to think about if you're wanting to just learn the information or do you want to be noticed by HR.

This is a VERY valid point as well but I typically don't recommend this because most don't want to drop $1000 just to be noticed. I will say though that once I put those 3 letters on my resume, I was getting at least 2 calls a day until I took my resume down.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do the CASP last.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • elbennettelbennett Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for all of the help. I will go CEH next.
    2018| CEH | CYSA
    2019-PROJECT + | VMWARE CERT