Passed Server+

jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm soooo happy that I have passed this exam. My score was 854.

I have been preparing for it very thoroughly, but recently I had to speed up the process (like catch up with everything in 2 days lol), because of the possibility of earning Cisco Cybersecurity Scholarship, where this exam can serve as one of the prerequisites. Used mostly Pluralsight and Google :) - I was making notes on my "blog" here - it is not complete, just section for Server Architecture, Storage and Security. Server Administration is finished by 30%.

I'm working in this field around 4 years now and the objectives perfectly cover all aspects of my current job position - and I knew vast majority of the topics already. That was the main reason why I chose this certification.

The exam itself... I really didn't expect it so hard - after first 10 questions I thought it will be a disaster - the wording of some questions in combination with the answers presented was so confusing. I had it easier for the time part - as a non native speaker I had 2 hours for the exam itself, so I flagged every question for revision, when I wasn't 100% sure with the answer (got like 30 of them flagged at the end), then re-read the flagged questions again carefully and it really helped for more than 10 questions out of the 30.

All the recommendations were mostly said here - RAID, ports etc. I would just add - know the theory of troubleshooting and methodologies very well. I didn't have time to study for it and had to "guess" most of this stuff (troubleshooting in general) - I think I was able to answer correctly after all based on my experience and by elimination of answers, which didn't make any sense, but I could really spare some nerves if I would study more this section :).

Good luck!

Comments

• joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on the pass! How many question on the test?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mauguilar wrote: »
    Congratulation on the pass! How many question on the test?

Thanks, 100 questions.

Check the official page https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/server ;), you can also get the exam objectives there.