Passed T-SHOOT and CCNP finally

Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, so today i took the CCNP T-SHOOT exam and i PASSED it, i got almost 3 quarters of the way through and thought i had everything right until i got to 1 or 2 tricky multiple choice questions and 1 of the ticket as well but a pass is a pass and i have now done all 3 CCNP required exams to get the CCNP.

It's been a long road and a very difficult one not to mention expensive haha, but i pushed through throughout the odd couple of fails to and finally achieved it.

I know it takes a day or two to show up on Cisco's own tracking site that you've passed it, it does show up on Pearsons VUE site as passed already but not on Cisco's yet,
I passed my CCNA 3 years ago and got a nice hard cover cert posted to me in the post from Cisco, i forgot how long the actual wait was for it though, i don't recall ever going on Cisco's site though to order or pay for one. Are they sent out over time or has it changed now and you need to order/request one off their site?

Thanks everyone

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What a way to start the weekend! :D

Looking back at TSHOOT, what materials would you say helped you the most?
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass! Glad to see the update after your near miss.
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
  • Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, i would say just make labs, brake them and repeat.

Other resources like networklessons.com are amazing to, that site really does cover a lot of scenarios relevant to the exam.

Does anybody know if Cisco automatically send out a hard copy of the cert like i can remember them doing with my CCNA or do you have to order it from them and pay?

Thanks again
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Robbo777 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, i would say just make labs, brake them and repeat.

Other resources like networklessons.com are amazing to, that site really does cover a lot of scenarios relevant to the exam.

Does anybody know if Cisco automatically send out a hard copy of the cert like i can remember them doing with my CCNA or do you have to order it from them and pay?

Thanks again

I think nowadays they provide a free electronic version and charge for the printed one; never asked for a printed on though ever.

Think Linkedin also has some tie-ins with https://www.youracclaim.com/ and once you get the CCNP notification from Cisco you can click some button and it automatically gets added to your Linkedin profile.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got an email saying they were mailing one. the electronic version was $3, and another hard copy was $20 according to the email I got.
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    good job. cisco mailed my ccent to me not long ago.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow! Thats nice! Congratulations!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"