Test Passed CISSP

lamont29lamont29 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good stuff in that I traversed so much information that I am all the better for it. As far as the exam, I believe it to be akin to the CISM, and I thought that the CISM was much tougher. This CISSP is now a management exam... It may have been technical in times past. ISACA has a clear emphasis on Security Management, so I guess their training helped me out a lot here.
Because the CISSP covers more domains, it could be construed as tough. But newly minted CISMs have a decided advantage taking this test.

If you are studying more than Shon Harris, then it's probably overkill. Everything you need, minus real world experience is right there for passing this test. There was absolutely NOTHING that I saw on the test that wasn't in Shon Harris.

Hope that this helps someone.

Lamont

Comments

• PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!! Hoping to take the exam myself soon!
  • lamont29lamont29 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not as bad in my opinion, that folks make it out to be. You'll do fine so long as you have good study habits.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on passing the exam. Did you need to answer all of the questions or did it stop you around the 100th question mark?
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A big congratulations to you! icon_thumright.gif

Currently preparing for the exam myself and it's posts like this that inspire me to go for it soon. icon_bounce.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
    I had to answer ALL of the questions, even though I believed that I had it aced all the way. I was so confident that I had passed until it was somewhat disappointing. I thought that the CISM was more difficult. The CISSP questions were very similar but less complex. Maybe I am a misnomer because of my background and experience with other exams and the INFOSEC bodies of knowledge.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lamont29 wrote: »
    I had to answer ALL of the questions, even though I believed that I had it aced all the way. I was so confident that I had passed until it was somewhat disappointing.

A pass is a pass no matter how you look at it. icon_thumright.gif Passing this exam is no easy feat so relax a bit and pat yourself at the back, you deserve it! bowing.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A pass is a pass, and I am happy that I did pass this exam. As I posted earlier prior to my testing, that I was only going to take this exam ONE time, and if I failed it, I was going to just be happy with the CISM & CISA. Believe it or not, of the three, I thought that the CISA was most difficult for me. I was sitting at the CISA exam totally pissed off. I had to step away from the computer to calm myself down. Then I just skipped my reliance on the ISACA QAE test engine learning and only relied on my experience to help me pass that exam. I think that the test engines can do more harm than good in giving people a false sense of confidence.

Ok now... on to the PMP, MCSE & CCNP exams!
  • useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□