Failed Network+ N10-006 exam

spiderman08spiderman08 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today, I took the Network+ exam and failed with a 659. I'm discouraged because I put so much time and effort into preparing for the exam. Luckily, I paid extra for the exam retake. My tools of study were Professor Meyers: Network+ All-In-One Exam Book, Meyers Totalsem questions, Meyers: N10-006 The Total Course on Lynda, Google and Exam Compass. Unlike the practice exams that I always aced, most of the questions were situational and badly worded. I ran out of time to work the simulation questions, as well. It wouldn't have mattered though, because I was totally clueless about those.

I averaged a 73% on the exam, which is only 7% below the minimum 80% needed to pass. Its bittersweet knowing that I didn't pass, but that I only need a little more effort to get over the hump. I plan to take at least 1-2 months to brush up on weak points. I really can't afford to pay too much for prep tools. What other study tools out there should I consider?

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Youtube, plenty of info there
  • MdrockerMdrocker Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the Network+ this past Saturday and failed also. I studied the Prof.Meyers Network+ book and Prof. Messers youtube videos, but not all since there's too many of them. I'm going to review the book/objectives again and purchase the uCertify sims/labs with exams tests. I purchased a Network+ android app by Darril Gibson, which is ok.

As for me, I had a handful of VoIP questions, so I have to focus more on this section. With the full question scenario along with the wording, it confused me quite a bit, it killed most of my time trying to break it down.

• geno01geno01 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad I failed after months of studying and practice exams. The questions were very vague and seemed to be very confusing. Even with a 686 i felt lost on the exam often skipping questions not to waste too much time. Good thing for the retake voucher or this would have been even more painful. I used Professor Messer, the Network cert book, exampros practice test and a vce. Any suggestions?
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Add Mike Meyer's Udemy course to the list trust me you won't regret it.

https://www.udemy.com/comptia-network-certification-n10-006-the-total-course/
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    geno01 wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

I recommend to buy this simulator:
    CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Hands-on Lab Simulator | Pearson IT Certification
    do all labs.
    When you buy it, you will receive 30 day access to safaribooksonline. Go there and take this video course:
    https://www.safaribooksonline.com/li...9780134097824/

Also on safari you can find Kevin's book:
    https://www.safaribooksonline.com/li...9780134030258/
    which corresponds N+ Simulator labs.

Good luck...

Including tomorrow, with code: HOL2017 you can buy this:
    CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Hands-on Lab Simulator | Pearson IT Certification
    only for 17.49$

With this Lab Simulator you will receive a 10% off discount code for the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 exam too.
  • MopbrothersMopbrothers Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the network + today and failed. It’s very lengthy and every question has multiple sentences. I got a 700 which really hurts because I was 2 or 3 points from passing. I studied a lot and took many practice tests. I’m afraid to take it again because of its intense, numbing questions.
  • davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Today, I took the Network+ exam and failed with a 659. I'm discouraged because I put so much time and effort into preparing for the exam. Luckily, I paid extra for the exam retake. My tools of study were Professor Meyers: Network+ All-In-One Exam Book, Meyers Totalsem questions, Meyers: N10-006 The Total Course on Lynda, Google and Exam Compass. Unlike the practice exams that I always aced, most of the questions were situational and badly worded. I ran out of time to work the simulation questions, as well. It wouldn't have mattered though, because I was totally clueless about those.

I averaged a 73% on the exam, which is only 7% below the minimum 80% needed to pass. Its bittersweet knowing that I didn't pass, but that I only need a little more effort to get over the hump. I plan to take at least 1-2 months to brush up on weak points. I really can't afford to pay too much for prep tools. What other study tools out there should I consider?

You know yourself best, obviously. But I would take 1 to 2 weeks (closer to 1 week, actually) to brush up on weak points. Meyers is great! But the best practice tests I have found are Darril Gibson (Konnect L.LC.) Network+ Prep android app from the Play Store. 8 bucks and WORTH IT. Use that to find your weak domains. Then take a break from Meyers and try Professor Messer playlists on youtube (FREE). It would be better to concentrate on two weak domains at a time, practice test again, hit another two weak domains on youtube/messer, practice test again...

You can of course review the Meyers videos again, that won't hurt. But I'm suggesting you set Meyers aside and try Professor Messer. Meyers is better. But Messer presents the same information just a little bit differently. And seeing the same information portrayed a bit differently helps a lot.
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    Just keep at it. You'll get through.