Passed my Network+

De_RabbitDe_Rabbit Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
Glad to say after some two hard months of studying, I finally passed my Network+. I had failed it before with a 646 in December 2017. I decided to regroup - tried some new studying methods, scheduled time for studying, and seeing what was best for me. Fortunately, I can say I passed with a score of 727. icon_cheers.gif

As many others have said - this is not an exam where you can memorize your ABCs, and expect to pass! It felt like memorizing your ABCs was critical before you even take the exam. By "ABCs," I mean the Network+ Exam Objectives. Be sure your study source(s) are covering all of them! There were questions that I overlooked and I did not have much info on because I did not study all of them thoroughly. I realize now how to prepare for the next exams without blindly trusting training videos and the study guides...

My study sources:

1) Todd Lammle's CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 3rd Edition
2) Pluralsight
3) Transcender
4) Logical Operations Choice CompTIA Network+ Student Edition

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale." - General Iroh, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Comments

• ITIPITIP Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just took and passed Net+ today. I squeezed by with a 750. I had a lot more authentication and security type questions than i would of cared for but ill take it lol.

As far as memorizing and passing the test i agree with your comment. For those looking to take it, i would recommend knowing more than just the definition or a single sentence worth of info for most of the topics covered.
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    Congrats. Enjoy the night off, and get on to the next one.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Kenji NodaKenji Noda Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!

And,

I just created a WhatsApp Group for talking and sharing info about CompTIA Exams Cert (exam 220-901/220-902/CS0-001/N10-006/SK0-004/SY0-501...etc.).

If you like to talk and share, please add the group here:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/8kmYS5su1bOCGGTIIlvY7R

Good luck, all!!!