ESD

EvanrhysEvanrhys Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have read that Electrostatic Discharge more frequent in hot and dry conditions. Then I read in another book it is coll and dry conditions. Does anyone know what the correct answer is for the Comptia A+ core exam?

Comments

• dihendihen Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In everything I read, and on the practice tests I take, it says that cold and dry (low humidity) conditions are worse in terms of ESD buildup.[/quote]
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i believe that esd is more likely to happen in hot dry areas.
    A+ Moderator
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Having lived in both climates and then moving to Georgia which gets doses of both, I notice static electricity alot more often when the temperature has cooled down. Ever since it started getting cold, I've been getting shocked when I touch metal with my bare hands. Damned irritating.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • RidiculousOneRidiculousOne Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From what my reading has led me to believe, I think the key word is "dry." It does typically happen more in cool climates because those climates are more apt to have heaters going. Heaters play a big role in "drying" up the air around you in a house.

Even though I don't always use an ESD kit throughout the year (slaps my wrist), I always use an ESD kit when the temperature is low enough to necessitate using the heater. I am forturnate, though. I live in a generally humid climate.

I think the exam expects you to answer, "cool and dry" is most likely for ESD.

For the exam's sake, they expect you to use an ESD kit at all times in your normal duty except with a monitor or other high voltage equipment.
    I once had many brothers and sisters...until my parents bought a sandbox.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ESD strap = When onsite and the customer is watching icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • djeddydjeddy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From what my reading has led me to believe, I think the key word is "dry." It does typically happen more in cool climates because those climates are more apt to have heaters going. Heaters play a big role in "drying" up the air around you in a house.

Even though I don't always use an ESD kit throughout the year (slaps my wrist), I always use an ESD kit when the temperature is low enough to necessitate using the heater. I am forturnate, though. I live in a generally humid climate.

I think the exam expects you to answer, "cool and dry" is most likely for ESD.

For the exam's sake, they expect you to use an ESD kit at all times in your normal duty except with a monitor or other high voltage equipment.

Bump icon_thumright.gif