Information Security Officer wanted - State of Texas

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
This job just posted. My boss left for another position. This one pays in the range of $96k - $106k. Before anyone gives me a hard time about the salary, I know you can make more in the private sector. State government just doesn't have the budget of corporations. This job closes on 2/22/2018. Anybody want to be my boss?

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/hresources/IT_SecAnalystIII(0203-1icon_cool.gif.htm

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Link needs some fixing. Note to self: fire tedjames on day 1. icon_smile.gif
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Argh! Just go to this link and click on Current Openings:

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Link needs some fixing. Note to self: fire tedjames on day 1. icon_smile.gif

LOL!

phat phingers
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    shochan wrote: »
    LOL!

phat phingers

Fat copy and paste. That's happened to me before on this site. Don't know why.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are they willing to interview a candidate with a medical coding degree? If so I know a guy...
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    Only if he can embed links. HAHAHA!!!
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    LOL I was making a joke referring to a certain member here that some may have forgot about by now lol
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    Oh yeah, Mr. 1000 jobs. That was a good one.
    McxRisley wrote: »
    Are they willing to interview a candidate with a medical coding degree? If so I know a guy...

As long as he meets the experience requirements, the type of degree is not really important.
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You should apply for it icon_wink.gif
    LordQarlyn wrote: »
    You should apply for it icon_wink.gif

They wanted me to, but I have no interest in management. I'd rather do the work.
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    McxRisley wrote: »

Ouch lol