This sounds serious, I better update my account.

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
[h=1]Account VERIFICATION[/h] Dear Customer,

We're writing to let you know that your account requires an important update due to your past activities in your account, As part of our security measures you are strongly advised to update your information.
To update your information now please visit chase.com/updateinfo (link removed)

While you're there, you can also manage your account and check our offers and new products.

Note: Failure to update your information may lead to closure of your account and will be criminally pursued.

Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I thought this was funny seeing this this morning, I received one for Wells Fargo yesterday. (note: I do not have an account at either bank)
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I love the apple care emails as well. Sure! Let me click on the link! Give you all my information? Sure....
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Microsoft used to send me "service packs" via email. They strongly recommended that I update. Bill Gates also offered to pay me $10,000 if forwarded an email to 25 people.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So you're telling me I shouldn't have given my bank details in an e-mail? They said they had to get into my account to remove a pigeon that had got in!
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like to forward those emails to the actual companies so they know what kind of phishing scams are happening. Keeps them up to date.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Got the call today that I had a tax issue with the IRS and had committed fraud. They told me to call them back within 24 hours or I would have major issues and possibly face jail. Very scared...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Speaking of tax fraud, I have a co-worker who hasn't filed his taxes in several years, he's coming up for re-investigation in April, they will pull his access/clearance soon as they discover this.
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Got the call today that I had a tax issue with the IRS and had committed fraud. They told me to call them back within 24 hours or I would have major issues and possibly face jail. Very scared...

LOL, I received the same phone call a few days ago.