CCNP Renewed (TSHOOT)

theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed (917/1000).

They have made TSHOOT a lot harder than the old 642 version I took 3 years ago. This time it took me 90 minutes. Last time I think I finished in 45 minutes and that included what felt like forever on one question because I didn't realize the correct answer was off the bottom of the screen and I needed to scroll down to it. This time there weren't really any gimmes (stuff a CCNA should be able to figure out quickly) like the last time.

From the Exam Topics

642-832 (2010-2015): 16 SWITCH and 9 ROUTE topics (2 that mention IPv6)
300-135 (2015-Present): 17 SWITCH and 31 ROUTE topics (4 that mention IPv6)

The exam topics were a good guide to what I actually saw on the exam (save for a couple non-ticket questions which went into minutiae I did not expect), though obviously there were many subtopics I was not tested on as there are only so many questions (tickets and non-ticket questions).
R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
Security: CCNA [ ]
Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations are in order then!

Sitting ROUTE on the 20th next month. Looking forward to TSHOOT to be honest; just hope I pass ROUTE lol.

Grab a drink & enjoy the achievement! :)
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats. we're there more gotchas this time around or is it straight forward with issues isolated from others?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I passed (917/1000).

They have made TSHOOT a lot harder than the old 642 version I took 3 years ago. This time it took me 90 minutes. Last time I think I finished in 45 minutes and that included what felt like forever on one question because I didn't realize the correct answer was off the bottom of the screen and I needed to scroll down to it. This time there weren't really any gimmes (stuff a CCNA should be able to figure out quickly) like the last time.

From the Exam Topics

642-832 (2010-2015): 16 SWITCH and 9 ROUTE topics (2 that mention IPv6)
    300-135 (2015-Present): 17 SWITCH and 31 ROUTE topics (4 that mention IPv6)

The exam topics were a good guide to what I actually saw on the exam (save for a couple non-ticket questions which went into minutiae I did not expect), though obviously there were many subtopics I was not tested on as there are only so many questions (tickets and non-ticket questions).

Did you have to study at all for it? Was there much trivia?
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I passed (917/1000).

Congrats! I almost scheduled my TSHOOT for this Friday after passing ROUTE last Friday, but my first run through with the Boson pre-test wasn't over 900 this morning like I thought it would be. As a result, I'm holding off until I get use to the exam layout by running through the other two Boson Pre-Tests. Then, I'll take it next week.
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you have to study at all for it? Was there much trivia?

Yes. I reread the current ROUTE and SWITCH OCGs and built the topology twice using physical equipment (1841, 3560, 2960-X). As for trivia, most of the exam is tickets which are straightforward albeit with more Layer 3 and IPv6 (this should be apparent looking at the exam topics) than last go around, but I did get a couple of non-ticket questions I would categorize as trivia. FWIW, I think they were only worth a small percentage, so it shouldn't have caused anyone to fail unless they were close to begin with.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats. we're there more gotchas this time around or is it straight forward with issues isolated from others?

There was one ticket I couldn't figure out and one had two issues, but they were in the same technology/protocol, so it wasn't like they broke multiple different things.