Options

Passed eJPT!

dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed the elearn security course exam! I am now eJPT certified! Their courseware and labs were very good, aside from the occasional grammatical error. However, I do recommend doing extra practice in a personal lab to really get some good practice. You will need it for the exam.

While I'm still new, I have experience with using the tools in personal labs following books (listed below). I have also participated in some capture the flag events from National Cyber League through my university when I attended there.

Overall, good course and exam.

Recommended books
The Hacker Playbook 2
Basic Security Testing With Kali Linux 2
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing
Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments: The Ultimate Security Guide
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! How long did it take?

I agree about the extra lab time. I also agree about the books. I have those, and I'm looking forward to working through them all.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    Congratulations! How long did it take?

I agree about the extra lab time. I also agree about the books. I have those, and I'm looking forward to working through them all.

Thank you!

I took my time with it. They give you 3 days total. I spent about 7 to 8 hours total.
    The first day I spent about 4-5 hours. The second day I spent about 3 hours.

I kept a couple Leafpad note files open to take notes and gather results. On the night of day 1, I wrote down a game plan for the following day. I felt a bit more organized on day 2 as a result and was able to get things wrapped up. Getting plenty of rest and taking breaks is hugely important to keep sharp.

The experience helped me identify some areas I need to sharpen, including my process. While one needs to be able to adapt, it also helps having a bit more of a personalized process beyond the standard high level. Everyone works differently and once you've been through it, you figure out what works and what doesn't work so well.

A big boost of confidence was that I was under no pressure to do this, as my work isn't paying for it or telling me to do it. Like many on here, I paid for this out of pocket along with PTP, PTPX. WAPT, WAPTX, and THP. I was fortunate to snag them at discount when they did the PTPX webinar and launch.

The course and hands-on exam was a learning experience for me and it was quite enjoyable. First exam I've ever felt that way.

Best of luck to you and everyone in your studies!
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!! I've got this one sitting, waiting for me to start hopefully this summer. What's next? Going on to PTP?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    wannabeanOSCPwannabeanOSCP Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long did take you to finish the course? thanks
  • Options
    Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats :) just making note of the books you referred. Will start my eJPT soon :)