Options

What CISSP Study Material should I be getting if I just want one book?

newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted in awhile, I studied my tail off for the SSCP about 2 or 3 years ago and I haven't had the time to dive in for the CISSP, but I am getting that motivational itch again to take the CISSP and start studying.

What is a good AIO book for the current version of the CISSP? I am assuming CCCUre and CBT Nuggets are still relevant, correct?

Thanks!
Newjack

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's more or less what I did (Security+ followed by SSCP). I've actually started preparing my study plan for CISSP. I've been reading Eric Conrad's study guide. The test has changed slightly since then. It's going to be updated somewhat in April. You can get the objectives from ISC2. Anyway, I've been reading this book on Skillsoft. It appears to follow the objectives.

https://www.amazon.com/CISSP-Study-Guide-Third-Conrad/dp/0128024372
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm studying for the CISSP also, so I haven't taken the test yet. I'm using the Sybex book which other CISSPs have recommended to me. All the books are rather daunting. The Sybex book has close to 1000 pages. I have 200 pages left and I think the book does a good job explaining things. I've also been watching videos on Cybrary which have been very helpful. The instructor helped me organize the information from Domain 1 in a way that made sense to me. And the videos are free.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Only 1 book, I would say the Sybex ISC2 book... However I would suggest that you use at least 2 even 3 with the 11th hour book from Conrad (it is a summary book excellent for last minute review).

100$ of book to do a 699$ certification that would help you get more $ in the long run, is one the best opportunity you can get.
  • Options
    hawary1984hawary1984 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sybex ISC2 book is really the best ,well organized
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hawary1984 wrote: »
    Sybex ISC2 book is really the best ,well organized

The content is great. Its main problem is that each domain is covered by non-consecutive chapters. However, there is a chart at the begining of th book that tell which chapter pertain to which domain.
  • Options
    chaunce54chaunce54 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Sybex book is much easier to read than the CBK and I feel that it covers the exam domains well, even if it doesn't line up exactly with how the domains are laid out in the CBK. There are some CISSP Cram guides available on the internet as well. I would recommend using those, or maybe even creating your own cram sheet (which I did, tailored to the concepts and details that I was having trouble with) in the final week or so before taking the exam. There are also (or were when I was studying) videos on youtube with recorded CISSP training classes. You may want to look into that if you are so inclined. There is also a video course on Cybrary.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The content is great. Its main problem is that each domain is covered by non-consecutive chapters. However, there is a chart at the begining of th book that tell which chapter pertain to which domain.

I wish someone would write a study guide that follows the exam objectives exactly as they are presented. It's annoying having to skip around.