Options

Security+ Bootcamp

koolaid002koolaid002 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

So I wanted to take one of the Security+ boot camps. I was looking at the infosec institute online version, since traveling will not really be possible. So they offer a mentored online version and right now if you buy one course you get another mentored online course for free. But I wanted to know if anyone has taken any of the security IT boot camps in Michigan, specifically around the metro Detroit area. Any input would be helpful. There's just so many different courses available, I don't know which to choose?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    We always say that bootcamps for such an easy and entry level cert are mostly a waste of resources. Plesae tell me you are not footing the bill for this.
  • Options
    So yes, I will be paying this myself. But I never thought about it like that since it is an entry level exam. I just though it might actually help me to sit down and study for it. I know that I know most of the info already, so now I see that it would be a waste to pay over $2500 for this. Glad I asked about this. So I guess I'll not be doing this lol. SO now I have another question. I have a friend that has his Sec+ and used one of the brain **** sites. Has anyone done this or used it? or would ya'll still recommend using the book and the Prof Messer vids?
    [h=1][/h]
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Oh brain ****! Who wants to take this one? Go easy on him.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I agree with the guys above; $2500 is wayyyy too much to spend on an entry level cert in regards to training. Darril Gibsons book and Prof. Messer's free videos are more than enough for this exam. And yeah, Just Say No to ****.
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone's input and I'm not that sensitive if you break my balls about the stuff I've posted. I'm relatively new to the IT industry and I'm trying to transition from another career field into this. That's why I ask and I'm not afraid to ask the noob questions. I do agree I have a lot to learn about these exams and how to study for them, They're not like what I'm used to. I'm only going off what I've been told in the past, and glad I asked this to y'all. I do want to learn the info, I'm just looking for the best and fastest way to study for this exam. I know that I know most of the info already, just not everything I should know for the exam.
  • Options
    And cyberguypr, I thought you comment about when I asked about brain **** was extremely funny.