SSCP Prep

JRZellaJRZella Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,
I have picked up studying for the SSCP (again, after a little hiatus) and I want your consensus on where I stand. I have the following resources at my disposal

The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the SSCP CBK (read it in its entirety)
(ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner Official Study Guide (currently reading)
AIO SSCP Exam Guide (after Sybex book)
PLUS - Transcender SSCP Flashcards/Practice Exams and (ISC)2 SSCP flashcards and (ISC)2 SSCP app for iPhone

I admit that I haven't worked in iSEC for about two years.

Should I be in good shape for the exam after I run through all of this?

Comments

• meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should be good. All I needed was the AIO book.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks like a good plan. Make sure that you download the exam objectives and make them your checklist for study. It's possible that you'll see something about every bullet point on the test.
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The resources look ok . when are you planning to take the exam. I am preparing for the SSCP as well . Good luck and let us know on your progress.
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hammer some practice tests and your weak areas and I think you are ready to go. The questions, to me, were very straight forward. I had myself so consumed with expecting "hard" questions that I kind of freaked myself out at the beginning. Once I got to about the 4th question, I calmed down, answered it and went back and got the other three. After that, there were some strange questions [probably ISC2's control questions] but nothing I hadn't seen before.

Don't let being out the loop worry you. You will be fine. Best of luck!
    I took SSCP sometime after Security+. Halfway through the exam, I felt like I was guessing most of the time and thought that I had blown my $250. I actually finished in a little over an hour, so I went back and reviewed all of my answers. I kept a tally of the answers I knew I had gotten right and found that I had answered 111/125 correctly. I wish I could've seen my actual results so I'd know what I missed.

I couldn't agree more about the practice tests. Take as many as you can. I even took some CISSP practice tests, which really helped.
  • hxhxhxhx Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • hxhxhxhx Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Falcon56 wrote: »
    Hammer some practice tests and your weak areas and I think you are ready to go. The questions, to me, were very straight forward. I had myself so consumed with expecting "hard" questions that I kind of freaked myself out at the beginning. Once I got to about the 4th question, I calmed down, answered it and went back and got the other three. After that, there were some strange questions [probably ISC2's control questions] but nothing I hadn't seen before.

Don't let being out the loop worry you. You will be fine. Best of luck!

I agree about the questions. They were straight forward. Almost no tricks like two similar answers.
  • rosineonlinerosineonline Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear all,

I passed the Exam today.

Stuff I used:

1) ISC2 SSCP APP
    2) AIO Practice Exams
    3) Transcender Practice Exams

I must say, that the exam was really harder I expected. I mastered it with my knowledge about SEC+,CySA+ and work knowledge.

The 3 things above were not very helpful at all. So I would recommend to study all the objectives in detail and really "UNDERSTAND" the topics!

Good Luck!

The 3 things above were not very helpful at all. So I would recommend to study all the objectives in detail and really "UNDERSTAND" the topics!

Congratulations! And I agree 1000% with your above statement. I always give this advice.