AWS released a new version of the Certified Solutions Architect (associate) exam.

lacagrl17lacagrl17 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
[FONT=&amp]There are 2 separate offerings for AWS Certified Solutions Associate level exam now

The old one has been around for several years, but they just released a new one this year, Feb 2018

More on that:
aws.amazon.com/blogs/architecture/new-aws-certified-solutions-architect-associate-exam-now-in-general-availability/[/FONT]

Comments

• mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Noticed that. Would you happen to know where I can find learning material on this that are not Whitepapers? Do you know if Linux Academy trains for the latest version of the exam?
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • thaslettthaslett Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, Tom Haslett from Linux Academy here. The new exam was just released a little over a week ago, so we don't currently have a course tailored exactly to it (that would be impossible). We will create a new CSA-A course tailored specifically to the new exam, however, such development takes several months. Essentially, the topics/services covered are the same (between the old and new) - with the new exam prepared through the lens of the AWS Well-Architected Framework. If you can pass the old CSA-A exam, there is a good chance you can pass the new one.

I made a short video about the new exam, which you can view here: [FONT=&quot]
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thaslett wrote: »
    Hi, Tom Haslett from Linux Academy here. The new exam was just released a little over a week ago, so we don't currently have a course tailored exactly to it (that would be impossible). We will create a new CSA-A course tailored specifically to the new exam, however, such development takes several months. Essentially, the topics/services covered are the same (between the old and new) - with the new exam prepared through the lens of the AWS Well-Architected Framework. If you can pass the old CSA-A exam, there is a good chance you can pass the new one.

I made a short video about the new exam, which you can view here: [FONT=&amp]

Hi Tom
    Thanks for the update, I'd just like to make sure I'm tailoring my approach to the right resources. I've read a lot of Amazon reviews where supplies used are not reflective of the current exam and don't want to waste my efforts. If you are ensuring me that the material on LA is sufficient, I'll strongly consider it as a preparation tool.

If you have further details like above, please provide them.
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)