Options

70-741 Passed

PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Did this yesterday afternoon and passed. I actually found it easier than the 70-740, strangely!

A lot of questions on IPAM and Failover/Load-Balancing for me.

One more exam for that MCSA now. :)
Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert

Comments

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done, didn't pass mine when I took it a few weeks back. Strangely enough I passed 70-740 first time round and found it easier. Perhaps I was one of the unlucky ones who got the harder pool of questions with 67 of them to answer. Other MS exams I have taken have been 58 questions or below.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got 65 questions in this one, for what it's worth.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    Yep, sounds like I got unlucky lol. I never got to finish the exam either.

Round 2 for me in a few week anyway.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    jpanda206jpanda206 Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree, i thought the 741 was easier then than the 740....Maybe its because not as much new tech. Where 740 covers alot of stuff i havent dont before. My last MCSA was for 2003 ^.^

Doing the 742 next month, hope yours goes well too!
  • Options
    Round 2, got 668 this time icon_sad.gif

Subnetting questions, i cant get my head around it.

Thinking i might skip this for now, go onto 742 and come back to 741 later.
    Certifications:

• Options
    jpanda206jpanda206 Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am sitting for the 742 in a few weeks, from the study so far, its relatively straight forward with not much new technology. If you are familiar with AD it should go easier than 741, especially if you arent comfortable with subnetting yet.
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Round 2, got 668 this time icon_sad.gif

Subnetting questions, i cant get my head around it.

Thinking i might skip this for now, go onto 742 and come back to 741 later.

If you are struggling with subnet questions I'd suggest if you can to use some of the resources for CCENT. Either if you have CBTnuggets or find a good resource on youtube I think you will find it much easier. It's pretty easy to do them in your head or at least a lot faster on paper using block size methods.

I'm running through CCENT at the moment and you don't think it would be possible at first to do it so fast but it's really easy once you have the methods nailed.
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    barberj66 wrote: »
    If you are struggling with subnet questions I'd suggest if you can to use some of the resources for CCENT. Either if you have CBTnuggets or find a good resource on youtube I think you will find it much easier. It's pretty easy to do them in your head or at least a lot faster on paper using block size methods.

I'm running through CCENT at the moment and you don't think it would be possible at first to do it so fast but it's really easy once you have the methods nailed.

Thanks, Ive got a few videos from CBT Nuggets, ITPro TV etc. To be honest, I only had 2 or 3 subnetting questions both times in the exam. Not sure if I got those right (i guessed both times) if they would of contributed to me passing.

I can do it normally with the exercises in the videos but in the exam I am just confused.png
    Certifications:

• Options
    backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Currently working on this one...and congrats to the OP.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passed this one! I remember battling 741's "prehistoric" predecessor (291) back in the day icon_lol.gif, so it felt good to get this one done. Hopefully downhill from here.....
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    CmarthinsCmarthins Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello. Taking my 741 exam in few days. How many of the query questions did you write and were they complex queries and how many XML questions did you answer. Also, did you end your queries with a semi.colon(;). thank you.