eLearnSecurity DFP (Digital Forensics Professional)

averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
I didn't see this posted when I searched, just saw it today when I went to the website.

Looks like there will be a webinar tomorrow (02/20/2017 1:00 PM EST)

https://www.elearnsecurity.com/resources/webinars/dfp_launch
CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm scheduled. This looks like it could be interesting.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Same here, will be viewing.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I thought it looked good myself. What do you guys think?
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looked really good. Forensics is something that I've wanted to learn for some time. I need to take some other training/certifications before I can study forensics, though. Good to know eLearnSecurity now has a course.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Speaking with our forensic guys on various occasions this appears to be a pretty solid lineup of knowledge.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    With the 40% discount they sent out I might get this course. I've been meaning to learn more about forensics and for $700 this seems like a pretty solid course. It would be nice if their certifications were more recognized since their kind of worthless at this point, but their course material is really great quality for the price. So far I've done the PTS, PTP and WAPT. Starting working through the PTX as well and it's pretty solid material. Hope this can help round out defensive skills since most of the stuff I've studied has been offensive in focus.
  • whitergwhiterg Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They used to give how many hours of "High Definition Videos" and how many "Interactive slides" but not this time.
    someone has the infos? - thank
  • new2Secnew2Sec Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see they don't have an exam for this course yet either. They did that for the last 2 courses. Seems like they are not finished with it yet.

Side note:
    I am debating to start with their ecppt or go to OSCP first. Can you help me out in understanding some things I discovered?

I am trying to find out any scoring matrix for ANY of the els courses.
    OSCP is easy to understand. X machine is worth Y points, you need Z points to pass.
    It seems like the ecppt exam is subjective to whomever reviews it (yes, I know it is a full report), while the OS is pretty obvious based on what you did.

Is that impression right?
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi new2Sec,

I was planning on doing the eCPPT and then OSCP but managed to squeeze PTS first and completed them all last year.

In terms of what you've mentioned, it's not entirely correct as eLearnSecurity will give you exam objectives (e.g. compromise of certain machines/networks) which you would need to try and pass at a minimum. There are a lot of exam reviews which will explain it further. The focus is more on treating it as a penetration test then capture the flag. This means it's important to discover as much vulnerabilities as possible, even if you don't exploit them all, and then create a detailed report which documents what you captured.

Hope that explains things for you.
  • KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Time to pull out the credit card again