I need your input on this...

RaynardXORaynardXO Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I need your input on what education or certifications does a ICT Support Engineer/Support Technician has? And where to start if one needs to kick off a career within the field. Asking for a friend...( seriously I am asking for a friend) icon_lol.gif

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    It all depends in what his interest really is. Does he want to go down that path?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    - List the friend duties and what technologies they work with
    - List where the friend want to go next
    - Ask the friend to join the forums ;)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• RaynardXORaynardXO Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It all depends in what his interest really is. Does he want to go down that path?

He actually wants to know what qualifications he can get to be an ICT Support Engineer/Technician
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would suggest you recommend to your friend joining a forum. They need to find the answers them self. If you do everything for them, there is no self gratification, no motivation, no reward, no sense of self accomplishment.

If they join a forum, they become part of a community that can help. You shouldn't be the middle-man in their career choices.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Priston wrote: »
    If they join a forum, they become part of a community that can help. You shouldn't be the middle-man in their career choices.
    But if you don't man-in-the-middle their career, how do you get access to your friend's wife and bank routing info?