Offer to buy OSCP notes......

McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
So I logged into my account on here this morning and had received a message from a member here by the name of SecurityNoob. In his message he asked if I would be willing to sell my OSCP notes...... I think we all know the answer to that question. The OSCP is one of the very few certs in this industry that is highly respected and I refuse to let people like SecurityNoob dilute the value of a cert that I for one poured my heart and soul into in order to pass.

Is there anything that the admins of this site can do to prevent this? Such as banning this member?
I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.

Comments

• airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    +1 He sent me the same message. I did not work my @$$ off for someone to pay their way to that cert. This just flat out disgusts me
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Due, what is wrong with you? Get off your high horse! icon_smile.gif. (Those that dont know the story need to check noobs posts)

I’ve seen people begging for SANS Indexes but this must be a new low.
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tattle Tale. icon_lol.gif

I have seen that private messages are no longer private. If people don't like what you write they air it out to the world and if they have your name, post it as well. People are going to have to start thinking twice before sending a private message from here on out. Now SecurityNoob is going to have 63 new profile viewers by end of day.
    Private messages being private? Didn't we learn anything from Snowden?
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even if you sold the notes (which I wouldn't) I don't think that's enough for someone to pass.
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    Ohhh this is the moral high horse guy lol totally forgot about that thread
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Considering all the blood, sweat and tears that went into passing the course, the cheek!! My notes from the eCPPT and OSCP are worth the cost of the course 10 times over!

No doubt someone will succumb to his request...
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Blucodex wrote: »
    Even if you sold the notes (which I wouldn't) I don't think that's enough for someone to pass.

A students notes contain everything related to the labs and exam, someone could easily pass off of someones notes if they took good notes.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here I thought you were offering to buy OSCP notes, based on the thread title. :)

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Didn't we learn anything from Snowden?

Snowden taught us how to turn a 200k nice government contract job into a unemployed fugitive that probably lives in a ghetto apartment under the constant surveillance of Russian intelligence. They control who he speaks to, his travel is restricted and even if he could leave the country, he'll be arrested in the first NATO country he sets foot in and sent to prison. While Snowden's living arrangement pure speculation on my part, I can't imagine he lives the life of luxury his former salary could have provided in Russia given he has no wealth and no information to trade.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Snowden taught us how to turn a 200k nice government contract job into a unemployed fugitive that probably lives in a ghetto apartment under the constant surveillance of Russian intelligence. They control who he speaks to, his travel is restricted and even if he could leave the country, he'll be arrested in the first NATO country he sets foot in and sent to prison. While Snowden's living arrangement pure speculation on my part, I can't imagine he lives the life of luxury his former salary could have provided in Russia given he has no wealth and no information to trade.

Who doesn't want to hire a narcissistic Sharepoint Admin?
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□

+1 preach icon_lol.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    lol...just say no? Problem solved
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• suraj2010suraj2010 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

He also sent me the same
    2018: OSCP - COMPLETED, CISSP - Continue...
    Bah! There's no entrepreneurial spirit here. icon_smile.gif
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Snitches get stitches punk icon_lol.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1st, depending on what the guy was requesting maybe this isn't an issue? IMO there is a difference between notes and privileged information, for example, some notes I've taken for CCNA and other certs cover entire command sets and their various options, they are nothing more than quick references to learn from, instead of having to step into the command every time I want to look something up. Now asking for privileged info about the exam and targets in the exam and how to break them, then that is an issue.

You could have made things a little more clear in your original post.

Also, it could be that this person is a total newbie to the industry and made an honest mistake, or maybe just needs some guidance on what is acceptable and what isn't, personally I would have addressed this directly with the person in PM and explained what is and isn't acceptable, and at the very most would have reported him directly to the moderators, the MODs are easy to identify for each forum. Right or wrong, I don't think a public reprimand was warranted.

Lastly, I seriously doubt snowden ever made 200K as a contractor, he had no degree and I don't think any certs, if you look at his alleged list of "achievements" while working for the agencies, they are lackluster, the guy is a total liar and did what he did because he couldn't handle being a nobody and a loser, and didn't want to work hard enough to change those facts.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    If you are wondering why securityn00b isn't getting the benefit of the doubt, go look at his previous posts. Nuff said. He's the same guy who tried to trade videos and buy content from others here and went off on people who reminded him that he could do it on TE
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    I would wager that a brain **** site would pay quite a bit for OSCP notes. I don't know enough about the exam, I'm guessing they change the server accounts and passwords between test takers, but knowing exactly how to pop each box, would cut your exam time from 24 hours to 15 minutes. icon_twisted.gif
  • technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would buy them but I can't read! icon_sad.gif
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would wager that a brain **** site would pay quite a bit for OSCP notes. I don't know enough about the exam, I'm guessing they change the server accounts and passwords between test takers, but knowing exactly how to pop each box, would cut your exam time from 24 hours to 15 minutes. icon_twisted.gif

What would be the point of the exam, then? I want to be challenged. This is a skill you want to learn, not just a paper certificate with theoretical knowledge that you may be able to BS your way at work. This is a hands on, skill based exam that you really want to put your 100% into so you can learn it. That's the whole point of this one.

I look forward to this exam, and I've read some horror stories. It's going to be a fun one and very challenging. I'll make my own notes and put my all into it to gain the knowledge. You can't BS this stuff on the job. If you **** on this one, you're throwing your money away, this isn't the fake it until you make it...
    PC509 wrote: »
    What would be the point of the exam, then? ... This is a skill you want to learn, not just a paper certificate with theoretical knowledge that you may be able to BS your way at work.

People who use brain **** sites are not looking at challenging themselves, they are looking for the easy way out. ****, Lie, Steal, is the name of the game. As it has been pointed out before, people with a paper cert without the knowledge/skills behind them don't last long in any position. They can BS there way into a job, and sometimes learn enough to keep it, if not, by the 2nd or 3rd job, they can.
    PC509 wrote: »
    If you **** on this one, you're throwing your money away, this isn't the fake it until you make it...

The cyber security field is hot right now, there is a real shortage of talent, so I think it's possible to "Fake it till you make it", granted fakers will probably get fired from several employers before they learn enough to keep there job. As for the OSCP, i too am looking forward to the challenge, although I'd like to take a jr. pentest course first to better prepare for it.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I feel so left out...icon_rolleyes.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Someone should transcribe and annotate OffSec's FAQ and sell that to them. Technically it meets the criteria of the offer.