New Job as "IT Coordinator"

Hey guys it been a while since I've posted in the forums, However I've been working the assembly line at Yamaha for the past 3 years. I got word they were looking for a new "IT Coordinator" since the previous guy got moved up to "Systems Analyst". At first I was intimidated due to the fact I haven't did IT work within the past 5 years, however I have been reading books to stay brushed up on the content. It was a shot in the dark but I applied, a week went by no response, 2 weeks went by no response, however I happen to check my email nd there was a acceptance leader stating "we like to offer yo the postion " etc. This will be the first salaried job I have and I'm very thankful.
Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congratulations!!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • geeksquad09geeksquad09 Member Posts: 177
    Thanks guys, the first week was a handful. Considering i havent had a It based job in the past 4 years, i was somewhat discouraged. The first week was training off course, Adding local users to the Domain, Reimaging Pcs, and stuff like that. The guy thats training me is about to shift positions and will be the Infrastructure Manager, and hes going to start training me in his current role which is "Network Systems Admin", so im trying to soak up much of this knowledge as i can and see where it gets me.icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before
  • RoberthRoberth Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Don't get discouraged, things will even out. Takes lots of notes/keep a journal, stay organized, and be a sponge!
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats and all the best!
  • rsxwithslicksrsxwithslicks Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! As Neil86 stated "Be a sponge", and take lots of notes.