Failed RHCSA Monday

josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been studying for about 4-5 months. Primarily used Linux Academy, Sander's book and videos (from safaribooks) and of course Cert Depot.

There's been some challenges going between the three in that Linux Academy for how great it is, the servers leave something to be desired outside of some basic administration. Then Sander and Cert Depot, go back and forth between RHEL 6 and 7 managing to confuse the ever living **** out of me on certain objectives.

I still felt confident, have been labbing my brains out, felt like i knew most everything inside and out, and the remaining things competently enough to make it through.

So I took the exam, I felt pretty confident all the way through, but I botched something that ultimately earned me a zero.

had to remove some of the details, as despite trying to be vague, I don't want to violate my nda.

PS, passed today.

Comments

• mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PS, passed today.

Haha, nice. Way to regroup and knock it out.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the experience shared.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on Pass.
    When you will prepare for RHCE beside Sander's video course, look at his "Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam Cram Video Workshop":
    https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/red-hat-certified/9780134195964/

If you have looked his "Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Final Exam Workshop"
    https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/red-hat-certified/9780134195964/
    in "2.3 RHCE Test-taking Techniques" he explain almost exactly you situation

P.S.
    Check PM
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Taking a wide guess on this one, but this is why I never ever attempt to echo >> into a config file to add a line. Too easy to mistype and accidentally have only one > and end up blowing it. Better to just memorize 4 of 5 rudimentary vi navigation shortcuts.

EDIT: Ninja edit! Congrats on the pass.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol funny enough, but i did do the exact same thing that you're referring to. But on the exam that I passed, and I'd already created a backup to the file anyway, so thankfully no harm. But yes I could have definitely found myself in a world of hurt, and I agree with you
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    Always worth scanning the objectives and looking for the 'nil-point' - the ones were you could stop the O/S from booting normally. Also practice getting out of these situations if possible

Congrats on pass
  • Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing RHCSA. Just started attending red hat training partner in my city. I plan to take exam. I got book of Sanders and the official red hat material. Any other material I should refer? Thanks :)
  • vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your "PASS" of RHCSA!
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • ky13ky13 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • andrew_69andrew_69 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been studying for about 4-5 months. Primarily used Linux Academy, Sander's book and videos (from safaribooks) and of course Cert Depot.

Firstly well done on passing. icon_thumright.gif

I am thinking of studying for the Red Hat exams as well.

You say you did both the Linux Academy and Sanders Videos?

My plan was to watch the Linux Academy videos as well as read Sanders book only.

Obviously practice lots maybe get one of Sanders exam prep videos but that was it.

Can you link to the material you bought/watched that helped you pass please.

Thanks