CISSP prep and help!

jmoretti7jmoretti7 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello -
I am currently taking the CISSP exam in March. I have a lot of study material: Conrad's books, Sybex and Shon Harris's book.
I find some of the material is not always the same - i.e. BCP steps or Incident Response steps. I really just want to get in the home stretch with one book. Can anyone who has passed the exam recently share what books they used or found most helpful for the new exam.
Any help would great!!!!!!!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    General advice we provide is to always consult more than 1 source. You can check the "Passed CISSP" threads here to see what worked for everyone.
  • india.faisalkhan@gmail.coindia.faisalkhan@gmail.co Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I am also planning to write cissp exam in march, I am following ISC official book for understanding the topics, however as per the research all these are not going to help or may be we need to take risk. last week I wrote ccie r&S to renew my ccie lab, and passed, the question they provide is exactly same this **** I purchased from **** (300$) I inquired about cissp they are giving the discounted price as 1500$ now I am searching people who can join to take this to reduce cost burden, they are guarentieng about the question. they are providing 400 question with 285 practice questions. Please check if interested we can further plan.
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    last week I wrote ccie r&S to renew my ccie lab, and passed, the question they provide is exactly same this **** I purchased from **** (300$)

So, you don't see a problem with this scenario?
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I were a CCIE, I would be even more furious to see that post. As a CISSP, I honestly hope you fail that test and lose your money spent on brain ****.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    There's so much fail in that post. I don't even know where to start.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    K-9 wrote: »
    If I were a CCIE, I would be even more furious to see that post. As a CISSP, I honestly hope you fail that test and lose your money spent on brain ****.

I'm not a CCIE, but I'm still pissed off. I'd rather pass CISSP the old fashioned way - actually learning the material.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hi
    I am also planning to write cissp exam in march, I am following ISC official book for understanding the topics, however as per the research all these are not going to help or may be we need to take risk. last week I wrote ccie r&S to renew my ccie lab, and passed, the question they provide is exactly same this **** I purchased from **** (300$) I inquired about cissp they are giving the discounted price as 1500$ now I am searching people who can join to take this to reduce cost burden, they are guarentieng about the question. they are providing 400 question with 285 practice questions. Please check if interested we can further plan.

You (I assume) sir, are the very definition of why I personally hold certifications in such low reputation.

Please engage in self-immolation. icon_twisted.gif

- b/eads
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    . last week I wrote ccie r&S to renew my ccie lab, and passed, the question they provide is exactly same this **** I purchased from **** (300$) I inquired about cissp they are giving the discounted price as 1500$ now I am searching people who can join to take this to reduce cost burden, they are guarentieng about the question. they are providing 400 question with 285 practice questions. Please check if interested we can further plan.

Reminds me of 'No shoes or socks' to stop India students from exam cheating - BBC News
  • india.faisalkhan@gmail.coindia.faisalkhan@gmail.co Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oops, thanks for opening my eyes. I will start preparing for the cissp as per your advise. Please support me if have any good learning materials for cissp.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Start with the free, excellent training at www.cybrary.it Kelly Handerhan is a great instructor.
  • K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lots of good, inexpensive or free resources out there. I assume there is a sticky here somewhere. It can take a long time to get ready for the CISSP. However, if you really are a CCIE, that won't deter you.