Options

CISSP Testing Engines

NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
Those of you who have passed the new CISSP, which testing engines did you find prepare you the best?

I'm currently going through Transcender and the official (ISC)2 mobile app for practice questions.

Appreciate any feedback or suggestions!
Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020

Comments

• Options
    mabraFoomabraFoo Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Currently using this url https://testbanks.wiley.com/

to access the 1300 questions from the Sybex CISSP practice test book (Seidl/Chapple 2016)

Doesn't seem like people like Boson based on the related posts I have seen lately.
  • Options
    mabraFoo wrote: »
    Currently using this url https://testbanks.wiley.com/

to access the 1300 questions from the Sybex CISSP practice test book (Seidl/Chapple 2016)

Doesn't seem like people like Boson based on the related posts I have seen lately.

Thanks for this!
  • Options
    Shon Harris's All in one CISSP book has a CD with testing software. Really good.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mabraFoo wrote: »
    Shon Harris's All in one CISSP book has a CD with testing software. Really good.

Agreed!

I also used the following site, but the domains have changed since I took the exam in 2015:

https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com//sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NEODREAM wrote: »
    Those of you who have passed the new CISSP, which testing engines did you find prepare you the best?

I'm currently going through Transcender and the official (ISC)2 mobile app for practice questions.

Appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

Apps I bought so far and see many people attribute value to are:

1. Laurie Hocking CISSP iOS app and Flash card, both cost me $20.00 dollars, like 10bucks each.
    2. Official CISSP Testing app by Sybex - 1300 QUESTIONS and it cost $10
    3. CISSP App by Pocketprep, I used them for CISM exam and it has high value and it cost me $29.99 with 650 Questions, very valuable tool.
    4. Skillset app is 99 for month, it gives pass guarantee or get a refund if you are scoring in the area of 100% on your practice test before actual test. (I did not buy this one yet, still doing cost benefit analysis, exam itself is 700 to 800 bucks)
    5. Boson CISSP text exam, very valuable too I have heard and it cost about $85 dollars with coupon code icon_smile.gif. I haven't bought this yet but many people regard it highly and attributes value to it.
    6. Sari Green 6hrs Video on Safaribooksonline and Kelly Handerhand CISSP on cybrary.it should not be overlooked.
    7. Larry Greenblatt the Kungfu CISSP is quite interesting, his old videos are like $1 for rent on youtube for 5 days of training which is like 25hrs. See link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ept-...IpUaHC&index=1
    8. CISM Courses by Kelly Handerhand - 8hrs of free training on Cybrary.it, CISSP I believe is going Management and leaving the technical people behind, Security exist to support the business and Risk is the determinant factor. This is also my approach to the CISSP exam.

Have fun buddy
  • Options
    Changed my mind. Boson leans heavily on Conrad's book. Boson is great. Time will tell if that is a good choice.

If you are studying for the CI double S P, here is a motivational youtube link for you from the king of motivational singers, Joey Tempest !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
  • Options
    Sorry for late response, thanks all for the great suggestions. I'll be sitting the exam on Monday so hoping for the best outcome of course.
  • Options
    TrekkarTrekkar Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like a lot of others I am pounding the videos to get a shot at the cissp before it changes on April 15th .I've been doing David Miller,Sari Greene,Sybex and 11th hour. I have access to Transcender and Sybex questions.

Does anyone have any direct experience with Skill set as advertised here and cccure questions as I'm willing to invest in one or both if it makes the difference? I see Skill Set has a guarantee but I've heard that line before.

I usually do my cert studying by doing questions first but am doing it the more traditional way and cramming like crazy.

Thanks for any help
  • Options
    Hey all just got back from examination and pleased to say I passed!

Went to question 113 and took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Glad to share any insight if people have questions.
  • Options
    MIMEMIME Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I've taken several banks of questions and a frustration of mine is from what I can tell most are formatted differently from what I understand is on the exam. That said I'm hitting the Sybex exam questions hard along with the questions from Domains 3-5 on the Boson exam. I'm hoping for the best. I've seen so many different recommendations that at this point my head just hurtsicon_wink.gif
  • Options
    GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    NEODREAM wrote: »
    Hey all just got back from examination and pleased to say I passed!

Went to question 113 and took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Glad to share any insight if people have questions.

You just got back and already added CISSP to your signature. You have not even done the endorsement process. But, you could be Associate CISSP, but you signature says full blown CISSP. I am confused. What if you get audited?

CertificationsBS:CSIA, A+/N+/S+, ECIH, ECES, ITIL:F v3, CCNA:R&S, CISSP, SSCP, CCSP

Once an (ISC)² exam has been taken and the results validated, a candidate applying for certification must be endorsed by another (ISC)²-certified professional in good standing before the credential can be awarded.

I am not the ISC2 police or anything. Just giving you a little crap. icon_mike.gif
  • Options
    Lol. I’m not anywhere close to being a purist in regards to the endorsement process, especially on some forum.

If this were my resume I’d actually be concerned. Hell, for all you know I didn’t even test or maybe I failed. Who knows!? The plot thickens.
  • Options
    franziskanerfranziskaner Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for these resources.

Does anyone know if the questions that feature in the ISC2 android app are the same bank that is available on testbanks.wiley.com/ ?