Question about certifying

questionerquestioner Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I was just wondering if I were to pass the Project+ would this affect my A+ and Net+ certifications. Meaning the two are grandfathered in and I was wondering if I were to take the Project+ would this reset those two and would they no longer be for life? I remember long ago when they started the re-certifying that someone stated if you took another CompTia exam it would affect the others, a side way for them to no longer be grandfathered in.

Thanks!

Comments

• medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since Project+ is good for life and does not need to be renewed, I don't THINK it would have any impact.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Per the CompTIA help info, see below. I don't think you should have an issue since Project+ is GFL and is not in the track for A+, N+, and S+.

[h=1]Good-for-Life Certifications[/h]If you earned a CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ certification prior to January 1, 2011, the certification is considered good-for-life (GFL) and does not expire. If you hold a GFL certification and are interested in bringing that certification current the only option is to pass the current version of the exam. You’ll then have two certifications – your GFL certification and your CE certification.