Passed My CISM Exam 02/24/2018

scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Team,

I Passed my CISM Exam on 2nd try this past weekend (Saturday precisely), since I passed my CRISC immediately after my first fail in CISM, I was much more immerged in Risk and I dealt with my weakest domain from the first try "Governance" and I did only the CISM QAE - Question Answer and Explanation Database all 1000 questions, I did 300 everyday and timing myself 2hrs for every 100 questions with reading the correct answers and the incorrect answers. Understand why I thought it was correct and ISACA thought differently. I did a couple of domains with Kelly Handerhand Cybrary.it videos. Most importantly, I used the Pocketprep app on Android - CISM Pocketprep App with 600 questions. I did all that questions and the explanations. and it made the entire CISM content easy.

At the end of the exam, it says you have PASSED the CISM Exam and I was excited then left the building with my shoulders high.

2 ISACA down (CISM & CRISC) and 2 left standing to be demolished (CISA & CGEIT)

I am now unto CISSP to face it squarely. Thank you team, all of your inputs really helped.

Comments

• roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations scankloud! Passed mine on Saturday as well. Same as you, I am hitting the CISSP next, then the CRISC. So lets knock it out!
  • scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    roxer wrote: »
    Congratulations scankloud! Passed mine on Saturday as well. Same as you, I am hitting the CISSP next, then the CRISC. So lets knock it out!

Thank you Roxer, Congratulations on your PASS, yes we did it!!! Yes let's knock the CISSP out, I'm not sure what really works with this CISSP. I am starting the training with Sari Greene on how to sit and pass the exam, I have Completed Kelly Handerhand CISSP and I am about to retake it again after doing this Sari Greene 6hours videos. How did you study for your CISA to pass and how are you studying for the CISSP?
  • K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I have never heard of this Pocketprep App. I will check it out!
    K-9 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I have never heard of this Pocketprep App. I will check it out!

Thank you K-9, the Pocketprep App for CISA, CISM and CISSP is absolutely awesome. Yes go check it out
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    H-bomb wrote: »
    Congrats!!!

Thank you very much H-bomb.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to you both scankloud and roxer. icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    scankloud wrote: »
    Thank you Roxer, Congratulations on your PASS, yes we did it!!! Yes let's knock the CISSP out, I'm not sure what really works with this CISSP. I am starting the training with Sari Greene on how to sit and pass the exam, I have Completed Kelly Handerhand CISSP and I am about to retake it again after doing this Sari Greene 6hours videos. How did you study for your CISA to pass and how are you studying for the CISSP?

For the CISA, the test bank AND the book. In the case of the CISA, there were parts I had not worked with (like EDI), but it is very testable--especially how it works. So, I would go with the ISACA Q&E and manual/book. All of their manuals are dry, but you can get a good understanding of how ISACA says things work.

CISSP is Cybrary, Skillsoft, and ISC2 Study Guide.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • kerneldude2016kerneldude2016 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi guys,

pls advise if these materials are sufficient for studying the cism? im planning to buy them from isaca...

CISM Review Manual, 15th Edition -
    CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations, 9th Edition

thank you.

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    That must've been discussed at least 3,584 times here.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    That must've been discussed at least 3,584 times here.

Correction - 3,585 times sir!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • garymilam72garymilam72 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, where did you get the CISM QAE - Question Answer and Explanation Database all 1000 questions from. I'm looking to take mine soon. Thanks.
  • ansionnachclisteansionnachcliste Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need to purchase it from the ISACA website.
    I believe you get access to it for a minimum of a year.