Network Engineering for DoD?

jasonwall1212jasonwall1212 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well i've started my search for a new job in the NOVA/DC area but i'm having a hard time finding one thats networ centered. Most of them seem to be security and system administration based.If i do find one they usually require CCIE with 10 years experience on MPLS/OSPF/EIGRP lol . Any tips from some of the guys here on getting jr network engineer/network engineer position in the NOVA area?

I have a TS/SCI,CCNA, and Security Plus.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    It's plenty of jobs for network engineers here. They are all over the place. Check GDIT's site and a few other companies, its jobs for you. I saw 10 without even looking hard.

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=ts%2Fsci%20cisco&l=washington%20dc&vjk=a0e1729e9fffce98
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • jasonwall1212jasonwall1212 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    It's plenty of jobs for network engineers here. They are all over the place. Check GDIT's site and a few other companies, its jobs for you. I saw 10 without even looking hard.

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=ts%2Fsci%20cisco&l=washington%20dc&vjk=a0e1729e9fffce98

They seem to all require more experience than i currently have.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    They seem to all require more experience than i currently have.

Well a title of Engineer is more of a senior level role. Your keywords should be junior network administrator/technician
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, job that say "engineer" are likely to want enterprise-level experience with MPLS, BGP or NSX. You can't stumble out of a bar in Old Town without tripping over a NOC or two though. You might need to take on an overnight role to get some experience.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Just apply, sometimes they just need seats filled you may get lucky. But as others have said NOC, is more where you apply now.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • jasonwall1212jasonwall1212 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Just apply, sometimes they just need seats filled you may get lucky. But as others have said NOC, is more where you apply now.

Going to check out the NOCs for now then. Thanks for the advice guys!
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a TS/SCI,CCNA, and Security Plus.
    If you have your SCI and 8570 certs, you should really have no problem finding something, if you aren't too picky.
    Most of the cleared work in NOVA/DC does not require a CCIE, if you see that in a job ad they are just trying to cast a wider net to attract candidates. Most of the time, all that's required is a CCNA or Sec+, depending on the job + a clearance.
    If you put your resume out on the job boards, it should take no time at all for the recruiters to start calling