CISSP Passed today 28-Feb-2018

gudimellangudimellan Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
Guys, I have used this forum to get info on CISSP exam material used for preparation so i thought of providing my feedback to the forum

I took time to prepare for the exam for an year or so. I didnt study in a fast pace way.

I used CCCure testing engine and MP3 Audios for an year and used them for understanding concepts. In parallel i used Youtube videos and online articles to understand better on each and every item that i encountered in CCCure material
I listened CCCUre MP3 multiple times
Due to work and family related things i had to take break for couple months from my Prep.Meanwhile my CCCure subscription expired :)
Once i restart of my prep after break,
I took Transcender test engine (used it as primary source for preparation) - completed all 945 questions and took one Full test
Listened Shon Harris MP3 (Once)
watched Shon Harris Videos 440 (Once)
Watched Kelly's Cybrary Vidoes (once)
ISC2 Practice tests (all 8 domains + 1 full test - during last month before exam)
Eric Conrad's 11 th hour (during week before exam)

I have not read any other books (books are my sleeping pills !!) . I relied on multiple Youtube videos

The questions worded/framed in exam were pretty close to Transcender and ISC2 Practice tests. Difficult part was to understand and comprehend the question. Once you understand whats being asked, you can eliminate 2 choices easily for most of the questions.
I could answer only 35 questions in first hour and ; 75 question at the end of second hour after 85 questions , i feel like i was getting easy questions which made me think that i am going to fail. After 2:30 hrs i hit 100th question and test stopped. But i was presently surprised to see my 'Congratulations' note at front desk.

Dont get panic with time you are taking to answer questions, try to answer it correctly.
Make sure to understand how scoring working at ISC2 site
https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/CISSP-CAT (How does the computer determine whether a candidate will pass or fail the CISSP CAT exam?)

Exam center caution : Make sure to get a seat against a wall. I got my seat facing a window and got so much distraction with sun glare ( 8 AM exam) , and Administrators couldn't help as they cant reach blinders

Thanks to all in the the great support to the Security community

Comments

• shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your tips and materials.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • tachyon62tachyon62 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!!!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Books work for me that way as well. sleeping.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • TheRedBar0nTheRedBar0n Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Thanks for the tips.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif Thanks for the tips.
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the club! :)
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • gudimellangudimellan Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all!!
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gudimellan wrote: »
    Guys, I have used this forum to get info on CISSP exam material used for preparation so i thought of providing my feedback to the forum

I took time to prepare for the exam for an year or so. I didnt study in a fast pace way.

I used CCCure testing engine and MP3 Audios for an year and used them for understanding concepts. In parallel i used Youtube videos and online articles to understand better on each and every item that i encountered in CCCure material
    I listened CCCUre MP3 multiple times
    Due to work and family related things i had to take break for couple months from my Prep.Meanwhile my CCCure subscription expired :)
    Once i restart of my prep after break,
    I took Transcender test engine (used it as primary source for preparation) - completed all 945 questions and took one Full test
    Listened Shon Harris MP3 (Once)
    watched Shon Harris Videos 440 (Once)
    Watched Kelly's Cybrary Vidoes (once)
    ISC2 Practice tests (all 8 domains + 1 full test - during last month before exam)
    Eric Conrad's 11 th hour (during week before exam)

I have not read any other books (books are my sleeping pills !!) . I relied on multiple Youtube videos

The questions worded/framed in exam were pretty close to Transcender and ISC2 Practice tests. Difficult part was to understand and comprehend the question. Once you understand whats being asked, you can eliminate 2 choices easily for most of the questions.
    I could answer only 35 questions in first hour and ; 75 question at the end of second hour after 85 questions , i feel like i was getting easy questions which made me think that i am going to fail. After 2:30 hrs i hit 100th question and test stopped. But i was presently surprised to see my 'Congratulations' note at front desk.

Dont get panic with time you are taking to answer questions, try to answer it correctly.
    Make sure to understand how scoring working at ISC2 site
    https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/CISSP-CAT (How does the computer determine whether a candidate will pass or fail the CISSP CAT exam?)

Exam center caution : Make sure to get a seat against a wall. I got my seat facing a window and got so much distraction with sun glare ( 8 AM exam) , and Administrators couldn't help as they cant reach blinders

Thanks to all in the the great support to the Security community

Congratulations, you did an excellent job with the pass.
  • useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□