CRISC passed 2/19

R6RavenR6Raven Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
After passing the CISA in November, I decided to continue on to the CRISC while the ISACA mentality was still fresh in my mind. I only used the QAE database, as I had with the CISA, but if it weren't for some real-world experience this could have been a mistake. I had read up on other people's experiences with the CISA - many noting it was the most difficult of the ISACA exams - and overall I didn't think it was too terrible. The CRISC on the other hand was about 50% testing the material itself and 50% testing ISACA as a whole. I felt the questions were even more vague than I was anticipating and would encourage anyone attempting it to pay very close attention to the wording in the QAE questions because it will be at least that confusing on the actual exam. To make it even more fun, there were a couple errors in the QAE DB and after mentioning it to ISACA a while back I still haven't seen it corrected, so just be aware of that.In the end, I doubt my formal score will be a great one, but a pass is a pass. Good luck to everyone planning this or other certs.

Comments

• H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Raven! I found the exam to be difficult as well. I’m studying for the CISA now so hopefully it’s a walk in the park.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • R6RavenR6Raven Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, guys. And I wouldn't say the CISA is a walk in the park, but I found it to be slightly easier than the QAE if I'm honest. The QAE is *great* prep material for what you're likely to see though.
  • nawanisnawanis Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome and congratulations. Just started my journey 2 days back with some video watching and next is review manual followed by q&a manual and not database as it was $113 more expensive and I was paying from my pocket :)
    Thanks,
    Ashok
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    R6Raven wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. And I wouldn't say the CISA is a walk in the park, but I found it to be slightly easier than the QAE if I'm honest. The QAE is *great* prep material for what you're likely to see though.

Agree. Had to sit for the CISA twice before I nailed it.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
    nawanis wrote: »
    Awesome and congratulations. Just started my journey 2 days back with some video watching and next is review manual followed by q&a manual and not database as it was $113 more expensive and I was paying from my pocket :)Thanks,Ashok
    The QAE database is a bit of a racket - especially with the errors - but it's proven to be so valuable that I didn't bat an eye at paying out of pocket again for it. Between that, the cost of the exam, and the $50 application fee to boot, none of ISACA's certifications are cheap - even if you skip out on the manual, paid training, etc. Good luck in your studies though!
    Agree. Had to sit for the CISA twice before I nailed it.
    Funny enough, I just got my score back this morning and I scored about 20 points higher on the CRISC than CISA. Go figure...Congrats on passing the second time. I've failed a couple tests and there's not much more disheartening than spending all that time studying and testing just to find out you have to do it all again. As is the field I suppose.