Options

CIPT Exam Review

PrivacyPrivacy Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took my first IAPP exam which was the CIPT I only used the official course book to study for it. I passed the exam but I have to say was surprised about the exam.

Firstly there were a lot of questions that covered areas that were not mentioned at all in the book I expect one or two but there was a lot. I also expected to see questions where two answers both look correct which I did but some questions it appeared all four were the correct answer.

Also had quite a few scenario questions which involved reading a large text then answering a few questions on that text only compliant was a few questions could be answered without even reading the scenario so not sure of the point of that.

I did think the book was short and now I have done the exam I see it did not completely cover the exam.

Comments

• Options
    myboy1979myboy1979 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Privacy wrote: »
    Took my first IAPP exam which was the CIPT I only used the official course book to study for it. I passed the exam but I have to say was surprised about the exam.

Firstly there were a lot of questions that covered areas that were not mentioned at all in the book I expect one or two but there was a lot. I also expected to see questions where two answers both look correct which I did but some questions it appeared all four were the correct answer.

Also had quite a few scenario questions which involved reading a large text then answering a few questions on that text only compliant was a few questions could be answered without even reading the scenario so not sure of the point of that.

I did think the book was short and now I have done the exam I see it did not completely cover the exam.

This is alarming. I am testing next week. What else should I be studying?
  • Options
    yhadjiyhadji Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info on cipt.. by the way how long diid it took to read the material and take the exam?
  • Options
    kmelliskmellis Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did your exam go? Do you have any successes to share? I was unsuccessful in my first attempt, so I am hoping to learn from others if there was some resource that was particularly helpful. I found the same as Privacy - there was a lot on the exam that was not covered in the text.
  • Options
    schipholschiphol Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Privacy wrote: »
    Took my first IAPP exam which was the CIPT I only used the official course book to study for it. I passed the exam but I have to say was surprised about the exam.Firstly there were a lot of questions that covered areas that were not mentioned at all in the book I expect one or two but there was a lot.
    The IAPP does warn you in text buried somewhere on their site that you are expected to keep up with privacy news. So, it is expected to find scenarios and/or questions that aren't in the books. I definitely encountered the same thing during the CIPP/US exam.
  • Options
    senwarsenwar Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any more info on CIPT? I've booked to take it at the end of the month.

I attended an IAPP CIPT course last week and am now going through the text book. I've previously passed CIPM & CIPP/E and on initial review it feels like the CIPT will be straightforward (I scored 20/25 on the practice paper prior to reviewing text etc) but am worried I'm missing something.

As the text book is very US focussed and written prior to GDPR, I presume there will be little, if any GDPR questions? However, I am pretty clued up on this anyway so hopefully OK.

Just want to know if CIPM, CIPP/E and attending the CIPT course followed by reading the text book is a good base to take the exam
  • Options
    marcciagamarcciaga Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello I am planning to train for CIPM exam, if anyone can share their training materials for me to ace this will be very much appreciated. thank you.