Options

Passed CEH and Road-map

ahmedsayed188ahmedsayed188 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
Dear Brothers

Just in One Month Finished the CEH Exam with Only 4 Questions Missing Yesterday ..

The Exam was so easy as maybe as my Background is information Security and i have an accumulative experience on IT as 9 years of experience and Info-sec 5 Years experience , and i'm Certified as CompTIA Security + sys401 , E learn Security eJPT and here is the Road-map of the Certification .

Studying Preparation :i take my Study with the Official materials " Course-ware" and the following Books which help a lot to practice what i'm studying :
1- CEH All One Exam Guide " Matt Walker"
2- CEH Practice Exam " Matt Walker "

After Finshing every Module or Domain Practice your Knowledge and try to do labs will help to imagine any Studying .

Practicing : i use many Engines for Practices my Self on Real Exam which the following :

1- Total Tester Exam Engine.
2- exam-labs "https://www.exam-labs.com/exam/CEH-001" - Free Edition
3- Skill set " I go to Free one and every Day receive 8-10 Questions on Different Domains .
4-Posts from Techexam Help me alot to know the Exam Sequence and to be ready for it .

the Big Day " Exam" : I take the Exam using ECC Exam and make sure for the following Note :

1- Read the Question Carefully the Questions easy but have some tricks and search for the Keyword that may be help you to Answer Correctly .
2- The time is more than enough so don't be in hurry.
3- for the tools it never ask for the How to use it or in details but concern about concepts and what tool used in and some time it ask for Syntex options such as NMAP .
4- Don't be shame or forget to take some questions in Review if you are not sure of the question answer .

Hope this Road map Help you to figure out the Certificate and Gain it .

Regards

Comments

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, I am trying to decide if I want to take this exam in May or June...Since I am taking the PenTest+ beta exam in mid April, I have sort of changed my study focus on CEH. From all I have read, PenTest+ is gonna be tougher for me due to lack of pentest skills. Since it is only $50, I may try it anyway. I am on Chap 9 of Walkers (2014) book, will read his 2017 book too, just to reinforce what I read. Then I will tackle his Practice Exams book, and use the Total Tester too. I also purchased the Android app called PocketPrep for CEH. I tend to over study for exams, but in my mind, I don't want to fork out the money again. I like to take tests once and pass them.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    ahmedsayed188ahmedsayed188 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shochan wrote: »
    Yeah, I am trying to decide if I want to take this exam in May or June...Since I am taking the PenTest+ beta exam in mid April, I have sort of changed my study focus on CEH. From all I have read, PenTest+ is gonna be tougher for me due to lack of pentest skills. Since it is only $50, I may try it anyway. I am on Chap 9 of Walkers (2014) book, will read his 2017 book too, just to reinforce what I read. Then I will tackle his Practice Exams book, and use the Total Tester too. I also purchased the Android app called PocketPrep for CEH. I tend to over study for exams, but in my mind, I don't want to fork out the money again. I like to take tests once and pass them.

Actually i receive the same Offer but as i read the outline i found the PTS from Elearn security so better in 2 things :
    1- It more practical with Labs Hands on which is great way to do pen testing practically .
    2- Elearn Security eJPT is valuable name than Penttest + Beta from CompTIA.

wish you a good luck ..