Failed 210-260

Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
I blew it. Given all the negative feedback about this exam though I really can't complain. There were a lot of complaints about the exam expanding beyond the blueprint but it seemed to be in line with it to me so maybe Cisco has addressed the issue. My problem was I tried to rush my studies once I found out I was heading overseas again for work. I'll give it another 45 days or so and try to take it again.

Comments

• no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that, I've got mine scheduled for this Saturday. I am extremely nervous because of literally everyone else's experience, but I really just want to take the exam to see where I stand.
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • sam88sam88 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All the Best guys.
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    no!all! wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, I've got mine scheduled for this Saturday. I am extremely nervous because of literally everyone else's experience, but I really just want to take the exam to see where I stand.

How'd you do? Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread.
  • McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am due to sit the exam at the end of this month. Good luck to you guys.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Just took it and passed with an 867 (7 points over).

I did the entire ITPROTV course and luckily I had an old 5510 lying around here at work and a Cisco partner account so I was able to get a full fledge ASA up and running with ASDM for labbing and breaking it. Plus I work on ASA's daily here at work so I was familiar.

The VPN questions (specifically IPSEC) really threw me for a loop.

Oh and I also read the CISCO ASA Third Edition Book from Cisco. Literally, that's the entire test in that book. Its not a study book, but a resource book. Very thick but if you would just go through all the topics in the pdf and just hunt down the topics in this book, you'll be good to go.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    How'd you do? Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread.

I actually pushed mine back to 3/24 so I've been cramming like crazy

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

• jrel209jrel209 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I take mine in a week, and i'm seriously not feeling confident. I did the boson and I barely passed the boson test just by naturally memorizing the questions. I'm sorry, but the WGU study material hardly matches what the boson or the actual test included (failed my first attempt).

Does anyone have any recommendations? Because WGU course of study is barely half of what the test appeared to be.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security:: In Progress (17u): C170, C175, C246, C697
    Required (38u): C698, C247, C484, C483, C176 , C179, C299, C435, C436
    Completed(12u): ORA1, CUV1, CRV1, CTV1

Transferred (68u):
    CLC1, TCP1, C393, C394, BVC1, IWT1, C278, INC1, WFV1, DJV1, TBP1, AGC1, EUC1, C132, EUP1, C277, IWC1, CJC1, DHV1, C164, C173
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    jrel209 wrote: »
    I take mine in a week, and i'm seriously not feeling confident. I did the boson and I barely passed the boson test just by naturally memorizing the questions. I'm sorry, but the WGU study material hardly matches what the boson or the actual test included (failed my first attempt).

Does anyone have any recommendations? Because WGU course of study is barely half of what the test appeared to be.

Read the CISCO ASA Third Edition Book. Just use Cisco's .pdf for topics and move through the book slowly. It's dry, but I'm telling you, much of the test is in there.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First of all, good luck to everyone who is taking this test. Give me back my luck when you are done.
    I am also in the same shoe for taking the test at the end of the month, except if i don't pass my cisco cert will expire.
    I also have never passed a single cisco exam upon the first try.
    From what I read, and current have, the latest edition of the OCG by Omar Santos is crap. the previous version by Keith Baker is much better although outdated. I am using both OCG and CBT nugget and 30 days before the exam to study. Due to time constraint, I am actually taking time off work to pass this exam.
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just took it and passed with an 867 (7 points over).

I did the entire ITPROTV course and luckily I had an old 5510 lying around here at work and a Cisco partner account so I was able to get a full fledge ASA up and running with ASDM for labbing and breaking it. Plus I work on ASA's daily here at work so I was familiar.

The VPN questions (specifically IPSEC) really threw me for a loop.

Oh and I also read the CISCO ASA Third Edition Book from Cisco. Literally, that's the entire test in that book. Its not a study book, but a resource book. Very thick but if you would just go through all the topics in the pdf and just hunt down the topics in this book, you'll be good to go.

I already read that book before I even started studying for CCNA Security, makes me wonder how much I'm actually going to need to study for this exam, maybe not much. I have the OCG, just bought it a couple weeks ago. I'm thru three chapters so far but browsing thru the entire book I'm hardly seeing anything that I'm not at least somewhat familiar with. Plenty of it I am quite comfortable with.

I also work with ASA on a daily basis and Sourcefire on a somewhat regular basis.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Fulcrum45
    when you said
    "There were a lot of complaints about the exam expanding beyond the blueprint but it seemed to be in line with it to me so maybe Cisco has addressed the issue."
    in comparing to what are you referring to? the OCG or some other course ware?
    thanks.
    So, I just took the exam over this past weekend. I did a hell of a lot better than I thought I would, but didn't pass. I got a 725 I think. All in all, I really didn't think it was that bad of an exam. There were some things mentioned in the exam that are not in the blueprint which is frustrating, but it is what it is I guess. I'm going to shoot for mid to late April for a retake. At $300 for the exam, I hope I pass next time!

• McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So, I just took the exam over this past weekend. I did a hell of a lot better than I thought I would, but didn't pass. I got a 725 I think. All in all, I really didn't think it was that bad of an exam. There were some things mentioned in the exam that are not in the blueprint which is frustrating, but it is what it is I guess. I'm going to shoot for mid to late April for a retake. At $300 for the exam, I hope I pass next time!

That was unfortunate but at least you know what to expect for the next attempt. I have postponed my exam until next week now as I feel I needed more time to study. I will update you on my results some time next week.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod

I've seen from several people that the info on the 210-260 that isn't in the official study guide, can be found in this book.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well, to follow up on my own post; I took the 210-260 again and finally passed it a few days ago. A lot of CBT Nuggets, ITProTV, 31 Days To Your CCNA Sec Exam guide and a little of the OCG. I did a good deal of labbing with my own ASA- mainly to get a better feel for the ASDM GUI and worked on bringing up IPSec Tunnels in the CLI. I'm just happy to have that one off my back. Whew!
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. It's a tough one. Took me several tries to pass mine.