CISSP Exam Scheduled for March 29th - What I'm doing to prepare

scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Team,

It's that time of the year again, paid out of pocket and send a shock to my spine when I clicked the process order button :) for $700 a.k.a $699 dollars. I have finally scheduled my Exam for
Thursday, March 29, 2018
CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional

Currently I'm watching all the Premium Videos of Larry Greenblatt and his Exam advice Youtube 2018 CISSP Video. (34Hrs of content + Questions in his own perspective 280)

I'm also practicing with Pocket Prep App on Android and iOS CISSP App.

I have the Laurie Hocking CISSP 250 Questions App on iOS and 420 Question Flash Cards

I also bought the Sybex Official CISSP Practice 1300 Questions app and Flash Card

I have the Boson 750 Questions web based Native APP on my work laptop

I have finished the Kelly Handerhand 13hrs CISSP Video on Cybrary.

Team, is there anything else I am missing from the list? I need encouragement and stories of those who passed and failed this CAT Exam and what they did different.

I PASSED my ITIL in Oct 2017 and my CRISC in December 2017, Failed my CISM in November 2017 then PASSED my CISM in Feb 2018.

Please contribute and pout out any great advice you got for me. We are better together!!!

Comments

• Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless I'm missing something here....you're using all videos and question apps and no book? Everyone has their own study style but I would throw in a book if possible. Probably the 11th hour by Conrad. You have over 3 weeks to read it. It will also be a good pairing with your Boson exam prep purchase.

Best of luck on the exam!
  • NightfallxNightfallx Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Falcon56 wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something here....you're using all videos and question apps and no book? Everyone has their own study style but I would throw in a book if possible. Probably the 11th hour by Conrad. You have over 3 weeks to read it. It will also be a good pairing with your Boson exam prep purchase.

I read 2 books and failed so it's not all about books on this exam. if he has CRISC and CISM he should be able to pass the CISSP with little effort. that is a lot of overlap
  • scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Falcon56 wrote: »

Thank you Falcon56, I am going to look into the 11th hour book 1 week before the exam. Thank you for your input, highly appreciated.
  • scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nightfallx wrote: »
    I read 2 books and failed so it's not all about books on this exam. if he has CRISC and CISM he should be able to pass the CISSP with little effort. that is a lot of overlap

Thank you Nightfallx, I enjoy studying through the means of Video Materials to Books. Thank you, I am optimistic I will pass this CISSP.
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’m taking mine on April 2. Finished Cybrary videos. I actuallylike the Sari Greene video, she talks fast and I can watch that going to/leavingwork. I tried the Miller videos—if I had more time I would stay with them, but too slow… I’ll finish the ISC2 book this weekend and start with the Conrad book andBoson tests. 11th hour weekend after that with Boson tests. I canonly really study Friday, Saturday and Sunday with work and school. Fingerscrossed.
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It might be a bit late now but I would really recommend going through the Sybex Official Study Guide, even if you only have time to go over the review sections at the end of each chapter.

Also I'd recommend using flashcards to keep on top of your knowledge.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • MIMEMIME Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for this suggestion. I'm also taking my exam on the 29th