Need a bit of guidance with 70-697

fantomasfantomas Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I am due to take the 70-697 in just over a fortnight. I passed the 70-698 towards the end of October 17 with a pretty good score. I was originally due to take 70-697 just before christmas, but I didn't feel properly prepared and I have postponed it a couple more times since.

I have read through the green Microsoft book and took notes and am going through the CBT nuggets and ticking off the topics on the exam blueprint as I go.

I am just finding it so much harder than 70-698, or it may just be in my head !! When I have come to take the Measure Up practice tests they questions for each objective appear to be far more complicated than what is on CBT Nuggets and the "green book".

I really like the CBT nuggets and find them very helpul, its just when I come to take the practice tests it seems to be so much more in depth.

When I took the 70-698 I was pleasantly surprised when I passed, but I just feel really stuck on this one. I really dont want to give up on it, as technically I am more than half way towards my MCSA.

Just looking for some advice or pointers, Eg. Is the Panek book any better ??

I am also finding studying time to be a bit harder, I find I am losing focus more.

Any hints, tips or advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Matthew

Comments

• twingo100twingo100 Member Posts: 20 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also doing 697 this month, I've looked at the cbt nuggets but didn't feel they were in depth enough, I'm currently working my though the plurasight videos which are a lot more in depth, however I'm find a lot of the study materials out of date.

Microsoft are doing a 2nd edition of the Green book in April

https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/certificate/configuring-windows-devices-70-697

I'm also going to signup to Measureup on Monday and start hitting the practice exams
  • fantomasfantomas Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply.

I have had a look at the Pluralsight stuff, and it does seem to be a bit more thorough. I'll probably sign up and have a look.

Just wondering, is there a time limit between getting the 70-698 and 70-697 in order to gain the MCSA ?

Cheers
    Matthew
    I would personally hit the 697 as quickly as possible, there is a large amount of crossover between the two
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used CBT nuggets by Anthony Sequeira from March 2017 which helped me pass 697. There was hardly any cross over between the two exams
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Kryten2340Kryten2340 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fantomas wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I have had a look at the Pluralsight stuff, and it does seem to be a bit more thorough. I'll probably sign up and have a look.

Just wondering, is there a time limit between getting the 70-698 and 70-697 in order to gain the MCSA ?

Cheers
    Matthew

I agree that the Pluralsight videos are much more in depth than the CBT Nugget ones. They helped me pass both 697 and 698 with scores of 880 and 905. I passed the elective 70-398 exam today with 911 and some of the Pluralsight content will have helped with that also. I can get you your first month half price if you sign up with the link below as I am currently a member.
    Phew ! That was a close one :). I finally sat 70-697 and passed with a score of 707, so just scraped through. Around 70 questions which was quite a bit up on 70-698 and I have to say it was pretty hard.

Thinking about doing MCSE next but I'm also thinking about doing something different like a database fundamentals or Powershell. Just trying to decide which :)
  • shanzplace48shanzplace48 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any suggestions on what I should focus on? I am taking this next week. Is there alot of intune, or more office 365 questions. Would you say that the questions were more multiple choice.. or were they the dreaded put this in order? Oh, and Congrats!!
    I felt that all the topics in the Exam transcript were covered more or less equally. If you have gone through the Exam criteria and cross referenced your revision against that you should be fine. As I said there were around 70 questions and they didnt favour one topic over another really.

Good luck !!
    I passed 70-697 yesterday. Thee were 68 questions, alot of drag and drop, put in order type of questions. This was difficult. I studied the Pass Leader **** and Measure up practice tests. I watched the videos from itdvds.com and pluralsight. There were some Azure office 365 questions about CAS I had no clue. Also know, what intune policy you should use. When there are only 3 options conditional access, general configuration and custom configuration. Also, know when to use file history where to look at a file to see if it has synched. Also what rights are available when creating a custom catalog in ue-v.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-desktop-optimization-pack/uev-v1/deploying-the-settings-template-catalog-for-ue-v-10'

Good Luck All.
    I passed 70-697 today, and as shanzplace48 has said the exam is a pig, lots of things in there I hadn't even seen during my studying. However a pass is a pass, glad its out of the way
    Congrats twingo100. I know that feeling of relief of passing this.