Is Gibson's ports & protocols table enough?

mmcabemmcabe Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hope I'm not asking anyone to violate the NDA here, but Darril Gibson is pretty explicit about saying his table can be used "as a single source" to memorize all the ports and protocols (p. 150, GCGA SY0-401).

I've recently come across a few other sources--even a practice exam--that name ports outside that table.

I suspect Gibson is enough, but I'd just like confirmation, if anyone knows.

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□

I ran across this on Cisco CyberOps FB group
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • mmcabemmcabe Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shochan wrote: »

I ran across this on Cisco CyberOps FB group

Thanks, @shochan. These can't all be on Security+, though, right? Surely I don't have to memorize the port for BackupExec? :)
  • Sharpe21Sharpe21 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for that Shochan, very useful document. I have been looking for one similar to that for a long time!
  • HCPS123HCPS123 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gibson's is perfectly fine. Don't panic "D
  • meinslameinsla Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Security+ Exam objectives only cover ports 21, 22, 25, 53, 80, 110, 139, 143, 443, and 3389. You'll definitely want to know many more if you're taking the other CompTIA exams and you'll definitely want to know more for your IT career in general, but only these few are needed for the exam itself.
    Desired certs: Security+, Linux+, CCNA, MCSA Server 2016
  • kabbrakabbra Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gibson’s is the only source book I used for getting the Security+ certification, so I think it is good enough.
    Thanks, all. Good to know!
  • mklein2836mklein2836 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    His online performance tests had a questions that included IPSEC AH (port 51) ESP (50) and GRE (47). These three were barely touched on in the book on page 140. Not sure they are mentioned on the actual exam of course, but he at least has a question on them.
    mklein2836 wrote: »
    His online performance tests had a questions that included IPSEC AH (port 51) ESP (50) and GRE (47). These three were barely touched on in the book on page 140. Not sure they are mentioned on the actual exam of course, but he at least has a question on them.

Thank you.