O'Reilly Safari Half-Off code til 16Mar18

beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
Got one of those nifty emails reminding me that I allowed my Safari membership lapse so O'Reilly was kind enough to send the promotion code for 199/year. Really that's as good as it gets for Safari or at least as good as I have seen, myself.

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/public/p18q1-save-advdf/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=group3&utm_campaign=b2c+promo+q1+2018&utm_content=message3

Discount code included in the link.

- b/eads

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Is the above the same content as the ACM benefit which seems to be the chepaest way to get access to Safari? $75 first year and then $99 for future years.
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    Got one of those nifty emails reminding me that I allowed my Safari membership lapse so O'Reilly was kind enough to send the promotion code for 199/year. Really that's as good as it gets for Safari or at least as good as I have seen, myself.

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/public/p18q1-save-advdf/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=group3&utm_campaign=b2c+promo+q1+2018&utm_content=message3

Discount code included in the link.

- b/eads

b/eads, do you work for O'Reilly?
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Packt Publishing/O' Reilly/Safaribooks + heavy discount = music to my ears.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Is the above the same content as the ACM benefit which seems to be the chepaest way to get access to Safari? $75 first year and then $99 for future years.

Yep, I've purchased the year access to ACM for the $75 discount and you get full access to Safari Books Online with it! Still can't believe I was paying the $40 a month before that...crash.gif

Link I used to signup: https://campus2.acm.org/public/qj/keep_inventing/qjprofm_control.cfm?promo=DA4SCA
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep, I've purchased the year access to ACM for the $75 discount and you get full access to Safari Books Online with it! Still can't believe I was paying the $40 a month before that...crash.gif

Link I used to signup: https://campus2.acm.org/public/qj/keep_inventing/qjprofm_control.cfm?promo=DA4SCA

Good to know, I'm studying my it security masters in a "developing country" , so my ACM Student member rate is $32 dlls. Thanks for the tip guys. Going to try the safari books online, I had it like 5 years ago and never did read much because of the format back then. Maybe this time I will or they have an app that makes it easier to use.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    fitzlopez wrote: »
    Good to know, I'm studying my it security masters in a "developing country" , so my ACM Student member rate is $32 dlls. Thanks for the tip guys. Going to try the safari books online, I had it like 5 years ago and never did read much because of the format back then. Maybe this time I will or they have an app that makes it easier to use.

It's far better than it was years back. The app is slick, but even the web UI is as well. I don't even bother with the app much and just use the browser on my desktop.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not even close but I was unfamiliar with the ACM benefit. I do work for a medical terminology organization if it matters at all. Also a very avid reader of all things IT in applying to security.

Sorry johndoee, there's no horse in that race.

- b/eads