Passing Score

apisky4apisky4 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those that passed, are you able to estimate a percentage that is passing?

Comments

• LSageeLSagee Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I honestly have no idea, but I had a lengthy list of sub topics listed on my printout of what I missed.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nope, you are not given any type of score or percentage upon completing the exam. Therefore there is no possible way for anyone outside of CompTIA to know what a passing score/percentage is.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would guess that 80% would be passing...
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    But since you are not given any type of score and are not told the weighting of the questions, there is no way to know.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • dsp2267dsp2267 Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed CASP this week. I also believe the passing score is around 80%. I've taken a lot of cert exams over the years, and I am pretty sure I was only racking up about 80-85% on the exam.
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Even if you're right, that doesn' t mean that passing is 80%, it means that passing is somewhere between 1 and 85%. And that's assuming that all questions on your test were graded. It could be that all the ones you got wrong were ungraded questions, which means the passing score is anywhere between 1 and 100. As McxRisley said, only Comptia knows, and only a small group of people even there.